848

Recovering Bandits

The doctors of Da Shun originally did not have this sort of treatment method, nor were there such strange tools. Later on, Imperial Daughter Ji An appeared. Apparently, she had received the teachings of a Persian master and learned a type of very strange medicine. Some people said that Imperial Daughter Ji An could use something like an embroidery needle to directly inject the medicine into the body. People that had no hope of surviving could be brought back to life. There were also people that said that Imperial Daughter Ji An had some mysterious medical pills of all sorts of colors. They were very small, and the majority were no larger than the size of a fingernail. But a small pill like that was more effective than many bowls of bitter medical soup.

Everyone knew that Imperial Daughter Ji An had opened a Hundred Herb Hall in the capital, and she had taught her wonderful medical techniques to her disciples and the doctors of Hundred Herb Hall. But he had never been to the capital, and he did not dare to enter the capital because of his identity. That was why he had only heard bits and pieces about Imperial Daughter Ji An.

But now…

The leader exchanged a glance with his wife then opened his mouth to ask Feng Yu Heng with a trembling voice: “Is the female doctor… are you Imperial Daughter Ji An?”

Feng Yu Heng was tidying up her medicine kit and was in no rush to leave. After all, no matter how much of a rush she was in, she needed to wait for the infusion be taken care of. She turned around and looked at the leader and did not respond; however, she asked: “You’re clearly one of Da Shun’s soldiers. Why did you become a bandit?” She did not ask whether or not he was a soldier. Instead, she used a very resolute tone.

The leader was stunned then dropped to his knees, saying: “It really is Imperial Daughter Ji An! Only Imperial Daughter Ji An could see through our identity with just a glance!” After saying this, he began kowtowing to Feng Yu Heng: “Imperial Daughter! We comrades have finally found you!” A tall and dignified man suddenly began tearing up and had practically begun wailing.

Feng Yu Heng frowned upon seeing this. When the crying finally began to die down, she asked: “What do you mean you finally found me? You were waiting for me?”

The leader nodded fervently: “That’s right, we were waiting for Imperial Daughter. Not long ago, a comrade heard the news that Imperial Daughter Ji An would be leaving the capital for her fief, Ji An Prefecture. After receiving this news, we counted each passing day on our fingers, hoping for you to pass by this road. But since it had already been numerous days since you should have passed by this road, we thought that you had chosen a different path. Who knew that Imperial Daughter would suddenly arrive at this time. If the comrades knew, they would definitely go wild!” He was very moved, and his words were lacking in logic. In any case, it expressed that they were eagerly awaiting Imperial Daughter Ji An.

Feng Yu Heng laughed: “Looking forward to my arrival like this, was it for the sake of treating your madam’s illness? You still have not answered my question. Why did you not act as good soldiers and become bandits?”

The person quickly said: “Imperial Daughter! Waiting for you was not for the sake of treating my wife. Instead, we wanted to follow Imperial Daughter. We wanted to stay near Imperial Daughter! As for why we became bandits, not to hide it from Imperial Daughter, but we comrades were formerly proper soldiers of Da Shun, and we had a banner. Unfortunately, we were under the Southern Army’s banner and under the eighth prince’s command.” When he mentioned the eighth prince, his expression became angry, and it was also filled with unhappiness. He said: “The eighth prince was a tyrant, but this was something that we subordinates could endure, but the only thing that we could not tolerate was him having a relationship with Gu Shu and the small desert countries. He even plotted with those small countries against Da Shun. This subordinate once personally heard him say to a ruler from the desert that if they could work together with the other small countries to help him obtain Da Shun’s throne, he would provide at least three provinces from the South for them. We comrades disdained the action of selling the country. There was a time when His Highness the eighth prince sent us as envoys into the desert. Along the way, we chose a different path and escaped. Arriving in Yun Province, we became outlaws.”