930

This Bit of Silver Is Far Off!

“Ninth brother is indeed someone extremely lacking in a bright future. This prince has also believed this for a long time.” A voice suddenly came from behind Xuan Tian Mo. The voice was soft and pristine like jade, the tone was even, and it was as though it was speaking about something very normal. But this sort of voice was too familiar to Xuan Tian Mo. When he heard it, it was like a needle.

He turned around and looked. Sure enough, he found the seventh prince, Xuan Tian Hua, wearing white clothes and stomping over. He held a folding fan in his hand but did not open it. The heat of the beginning of Autumn did not have any effect on this person. He still looked just as casual with that divine aura surrounding him.

“So it was seventh brother.” He called out but felt a little guilty. It was clear that he had heard those things that he had just said about Xuan Tian Ming. It had to be said that he did not take Feng Yu Heng seriously, but adding in the seventh prince would make things a bit troublesome.

Who in the court did not know about His Highness the seventh prince, Xuan Tian Hua. He might look carefree and leisurely like a deity, and he was always polite while never having the haughtiness of a prince. Most of the time, he would handle matters in a calm manner, and he would not deliberately make things look bad for anyone. But this person had one trait that was especially frustrating, and that was his protectiveness, and this was specifically related to Xuan Tian Ming. The two had been raised by Imperial Concubine Yun. It was natural that they would be much closer than other brothers. The seventh prince protected the ninth prince. There truly was not much different from how the Emperor protected Xuan Tian Ming. As long as there was something related to the ninth prince, even this person that was like a deity would not have any principles. He would tell lies without any change in expression. This was an ability that both of Imperial Concubine Yun’s sons were proficient in.

“This prince came into the palace to check up on imperial concubine mother; however, who knew that I would run into eighth brother and hear eighth brother’s appraisal. I truly feel saddened for ninth brother and ninth sister.” Xuan Tian Hua spoke while shaking his head. Slowly walking over, he stopped when he drew closer and continued: “Killing the enemy for the country and having a distinguished career, why is it that eighth brother forcefully insists on distinguishing between men and women, even going so far as to begin mocking. This prince really does not understand it; moreover, ninth brother took Sha Ping City, which had not been taken after many years, on the first night that he was there. This is a reality that cannot be questioned. Why is it that this attack was not brought up by eighth brother?”

“Seventh brother misunderstood.” It had to be said that aside from Xuan Tian Ming, the one person among all of the other princes that Xuan Tian Mo wanted to avoid contact with the most was this seventh brother. This person had too many advantages. Regardless of which aspect was considered, if conflict broke out between him and Xuan Tian Hua, more people would stand on the seventh prince’s side. This even included the people of his own faction, as they might change their minds in the face of Xuan Tian Hua. Xuan Tian Mo wiped away some sweat from his brow and continued: “This prince was just joking around with younger sister. Seventh brother really has misunderstood.”

“Oh? Misunderstood?” Xuan Tian Hua looked at Feng Yu Heng then said: “Both were females, but the one that eighth brother chose is more than just a bit lacking compared to ninth sister! It must be said that being denounced for a girl, this prince heard that eighth brother’s concubine chose to follow Gu Shu’s General Bi Xiu. On the day that she fell from the city’s walls, tens of thousands of people saw that scene! If eighth brother has time to mouth off to ninth sister, it would be better to spend that time thinking about how to regain your own reputation.”