972

Being Forced to the Brink Helps Bring Out Survival Instincts

Today in the Imperial Palace, the lake that had frozen over attracted many people. Feng Yuheng had just thrown three people in, but this was not all. Now, there was news that had come saying that Feng Zhaolian had broken through the ice to fish. The end result was that he himself fell into the water.

She felt extremely powerless upon hearing this. She could only have Xuan Tiange and the others leave the palace first. She then followed that palace servant and headed in the direction of Feng Zhaolian’s accident.

When they arrived, Feng Zhaolian had just been pulled out by some servants. He looked very in a very poor condition. There were ice shards in his hair, and his entire body was soaked. He had even lost one of his shoes. Looking at him once more, he was in a bit of a daze. One of his eyes was partially closed, and they were completely without vigor. The palace servant at his side said: “We did not know if this one came in with Princess Yu. Only Zhang Ning Palace had a banquet today. Thinking about it, reporting this matter to that side should be correct, right?” After saying this, they looked up and saw Feng Yuheng quickly walk over, and they could not help but let out a sigh of relief, quickly moving to salute her.

Feng Yuheng waved her hand: “No need to be so courteous.” She then quickly arrived in front of Feng Zhaolian. Squatting down, she looked him over for a bit then reached for his wrist. She felt that his pulse was steady, and his vitals were normal. It was just that he looked a bit haggard. There had been no problems stemming from falling into the water.

But Feng Zhaolian did not think this to be the case. Seeing that Feng Yuheng had come over, he weakly asked: “A-Heng, am I about to die? Being able to see you before I die is really good.”

Feng Yuheng frowned and quietly said: “Feng Zhaolian, don’t pretend. Quickly get up! What is a measly frozen lake in Da Shun to someone who grew up in the frigid Qian Zhou? Just based on your cold-resistant body, you could strip down and swim many laps around this lake. Don’t think that I don’t know this.”

Feng Zhaolian, however, acted as though he could not understand. Weakly holding her with one hand, he repeatedly shook his head, “I really am about to die. I’m so cold. My entire body feels weak. A-Heng, quickly save me. Bring me to a warm room! I don’t want to die outside.”

The palace servants surrounding them also chimed in: “That’s right! Her entire body is completely soaked. If she continues to remain lying down in the snow, her life really might be at risk.”

Feng Yuheng suddenly began to smile. Looking at Feng Zhaolian, she asked: “There are many palaces in the Imperial Palace. Speak, where do you want to recover?”

Feng Zhaolian let out a sigh, “A-Heng, anywhere is fine. I’m just weak. It seems that I will need to spend a period of time in the palace to recover. I know that you can definitely do something, and the people in the palace will all give you some face. Finding a place for a patient like me won’t be difficult. How about…” He thought for a bit then said: “I recall that your relationship with the Empress was quite good. How about we go to the Empress’ place! Don’t worry. I won’t cause her any trouble. I will leave the palace after getting better.”

Feng Yuheng nearly burst out laughing upon hearing this. Going to the Empress’ place to recover? Did this person think that the Empress’ palace was a refuge that anyone could enter as they pleased? But after thinking a bit, she felt that Feng Zhaolian came into the palace with a goal. He had come in using Imperial Concubine Li’s name to get in but did not set a single foot in Zhang Ning Palace. She had even forgotten about the gift that she was entrusted with giving, but he did not ask about it. After turning around, he went and fell into a frozen lake and asked to go and live in Jing CI Palace for a period of time… A look of suspicion nearly appeared on her face, as she leaned over and quietly asked: “One surnamed Feng, what sort of plan are you acting on this time?”