872

Inviting the Eighth Prince to Drink Tea at the Board of Punishments

Feng Yu Heng’s understanding of this era’s geography was not very thorough. First, she had not taken the initiative to learn about it. Second, this era did not have a complete map. For example, in the desert, nobody could say for certain how many countries were in the desert. It was just that the people had found ten. As for deeper into the desert, it could not be said whether or not any other countries in the desert beyond where humans had gone.

Based on what Li Zhu had said, aside from Gu Shu, the other ten countries in the desert were: Wu Lan, Xiao Mi, Yi Lou, Wei Dou, Xi Yue, Hu Xiu, Wen Nai, Che Shi, Gui Shan and Nan Wan. Their names were all rather uncommon. There were some that sounded like the 36 western countries found in the archeological finds in the modern era*. Although they were all found in the desert, they were not all in the same area.

These ten small countries were not large. Li zhu had once visited a few of them. The largest of those countries was around the same size as a province in Da Shun. The smallest was the same size as a zhou. Each country relied on an oasis to survive, and they could be considered abundant. The coalition that these countries formed could not actually provide too many troops. Based on Li Zhu’s calculations, the army that was scraped together by the ten countries amounted to 200 thousand at most. But Gu Shu alone had an army size of 300 thousand on its own. Calculating it like this, it was still nearly twice the size of Da Shun’s Southern Army.

Li Zhu was a bit worried about this battle, as he said to Feng Yu Heng: “The South is extremely hot. Not to mention wearing armor into battle, but even being going out without a top, it’s unbearably hot. This is the hardest part for generals of Da Shun to account for. On the other hand, the people of the desert were already accustomed to that sort of climate. Comparatively speaking, the South is a bit cooler than in the desert. That’s why it could be said that they are handling this battle very well and were able to force Da Shun to the precipice. Long before His Highness the eighth prince took over the South, speaking truthfully, the battle was already won. But the price was too high. This subordinate always felt that it was not worth it. So many comrades gave their lives to obtain the South. There’s nothing to feel proud of.”

Li Zhu had a large number of complaints of the eighth prince, but things that he said were objective. Feng Yu Heng was naturally able to understand the logic. Right now, the thing that she worried about the most was the army of 100 thousand from Qian Zhou.

It had to be said that Da Shun’s soldiers could manage to endure the climate in the South. After all, the capital also had a Summer, and there were days that were exceedingly hot; however, Qian Zhou was blanketed in Winter throughout the year. They were born in Qian Zhou and grew up in Qian Zhou. They also began their training in Qian Zhou. Everything was carried out in cold conditions. Suddenly going to such a hot place, those 100 thousand troops would definitely not be able to endure it.

Even surviving might be a problem, much less fighting a battle.

Li Zhu saw her furrow her brow, thus he did not continue to say anything. Standing up, he bid farewell. Recently, the prefecture had found a number of new soldiers. They were all trained by him. Ji An Prefecture’s defense was gradually being built up, and it was very busy.

Feng Yu Heng thought that aside from military supplies and food, she also needed to quickly think of how to resolve the problem of the heat. At the very least, she could not allow the 100 thousand troops to lose their fighting power. Even if she had modern weapons, aside from the 100 thousand troops of Qian Zhou, Xuan Tian Ming had brought fewer than 20 thousand troops. The disparity was too great.