922

Wife Still Needs to Adjust!

Feng Fen Dai exited Jing Si Palace, and the fifth prince’s attendant was still waiting outside to escort her out of the palace. Seeing her come out with her maidservant, he quickly stepped forward and hurried her: “Fourth young miss has finally come out. This subordinate has been waiting here the entire time for you to come out.”

Feng Fen Dai rolled her eyes at him and said with great dissatisfaction: “Back in the Feng manor, my second sister and His Highness the ninth prince were also only engaged, but the people in the Yu Palace are extremely welcoming, calling her princess. Why is it that when it comes to the Li Palace, you only call me fourth young miss?”

The attendant heard these words and frowned. He felt quite unhappy internally, but he could not allow it to show. He just politely replied: “It’s not as young miss thinks. It’s just that fourth young miss and His Highness the fifth prince have not yet gotten married. To call you princess right now, I fear that it would ruin fourth young miss’ reputation. To speak of Imperial Daughter Ji An and His Highness the ninth prince, when Imperial Daughter Ji An was being called princess before getting married, it was not as though there were no outsiders criticizing it. His Highness the fifth prince does not hope for fourth young miss to suffer that sort of censure, thus he did not give the order to change how we address you. It’s also for fourth young miss’ benefit.”

The attendant was very good with words. Saying it like this, Fen Dai recalled that it was not just limited to outsiders. Even she herself had mocked Feng Yu Heng for this, thus she did not continue to argue. She just said to the attendant: “You were waiting here to keep an eye on me, right? Don’t worry, there’s no need to be so nervous. I won’t cause any trouble in the Imperial Palace. I still want to stay alive. I still need to enjoy my days to come. I will not be as foolish as that Feng Chen Yu.”

With her saying this sort of thing, the attendant did not say anything else and silently escorted her out of the palace. Watching her get in the Feng family’s carriage, he finally felt at ease.

Feng Fen Dai’s carriage did not travel quickly. The driver had already grasped her personality. Every time, she came out, she would do her best to linger outside for a little longer. She did not want to quickly return to that piece of land.

The carriage slowly traveled along on the street, and Dong Ying saw that Fen Dai was not in a very good mood. She just remained quiet and continued to sit to the side while taking care of the tea. Feng Fen Dai lifted the curtain while the carriage was passing through a lively area and looked outside. She felt as though the years had blended into just a few days time, and that there were plenty of people everywhere. There were constantly new shops being opened, and a new shop would appear nearly every month.

Everyone was able to remember when the Feng manor had plenty of people and numerous rules. The matriarch hated letting the girls frequently go out, keeping them all locked inside. In addition to this, Feng Chen Yu had to be hidden from the world to preserve an aura of mysteriousness about her. As for her and Xiang Rong, they were daughters of concubines, and the matriarch felt that daughters of concubines frequently going out for walks was shameful. Later on, the members of the Feng family began to disappear, and she could make her own decisions; however, she no longer had much desire to go out for walks.

Thinking about it, that was just how people were. The more one was refused permission to do something, the more one wanted to do it. The more someone fought with you over something, the more you would want to obtain it. But once the conflict was gone, everything lacked its original flavor. This was a bit of logic that Feng Fen Dai had never understood over the years; however, she had finally come to understand it.