899

Each Return to Their Own Families and Find Their Own Mothers

Feng Yu Heng suddenly appearing in the Southern Army’s military camp caught the people over here off guard. They had never heard of a girl being allowed into a military camp. This Imperial Daughter Ji An messing around in the ninth prince’s army was fine, but why had she come to the Southern Army’s camp?

The military officer that kept watch over the food supplies was the first to lose it, loudly questioning: “Who was it that came?”

Feng Yu Heng snorted coldly: “You already know, yet you still ask.”

Wang Chuan and Huang Quan were behind her, along with Ban Zou and He Gan. They snorted in contempt, and He Gan had even begun saying: “Don’t look for trouble where there is none. In Da Shun, who aside from Imperial Daughter Ji An can refer to themselves as imperial daughter?”

“Imperial Daughter Ji An?” That military officer had more to say, “So what if you are Imperial Daughter Ji An? Outside, we respectfully call you imperial daughter, and we also need to kneel and kowtow when meeting you, but this is a military camp. What have you come running to our military camp for?”

This person spoke extremely impolitely, and his eyes were glaring at Feng Yu Heng. It was as though he was staring at his sworn enemy. Feng Yu Heng laughed angrily, “Did this imperial daughter kill your entire family or something? Where is this anger coming from?” She spoke just as impolitely. While speaking, she walked toward the officer until she stopped three steps away from him. She then said: “Deputy General Tong, right? This imperial daughter heard that you went to a textiles shop in Lan Zhou yesterday. Did something like this happen?”

Deputy General Tong frowned then said: “And if that was the case? I am the deputy general in charge of supplies. That textiles shop is collaborating with our military camp. The soldiers that need to get new clothes will get their fabrics there.”

“Is that so?” Feng Yu Heng suddenly smiled; however, this sort of smile gave off a shady feeling, especially for Deputy General Tong. It caused him to feel a chill on this hot day. “Where all of the fabrics were ordered from for the soldiers’ clothes is closely tied to this matter. Un, this imperial daughter seems to have a bit of an understanding. It turns out that a few of those criminals that stole the supplies fled back to the South and entered that textiles shop.”

“What?” Her words caused all of the soldiers to freeze. They had not understood, and someone urgently asked: “Imperial Daughter, what do you mean? The supplies were stolen?”

“That’s right!” Feng Yu Heng spread her hands: “The supplies should have been able to reach the South long ago. Just a few days ago, just as the second prince’s group that was transporting the supplies was about to enter Luo Province’s border, they were suddenly ambushed! All of the supplies were stolen then burned. The second prince’s hidden guards followed those criminals back and found that some of them entered Lan Zhou then entered the textiles shop that Deputy General Tong frequents.”

“How… how could this be?” The people were shocked, and they could not help but look toward Deputy General Tong: “When you went to the textile’s shop, did you hear about it? Why would those people go to the textile’s shop?”

Deputy General Tong’s expression was a bit ugly. Faced with these questions, he ambiguously said: “How could I know?!” He then launched a barb at Feng Yu Heng: “Imperial Daughter, do not change the topic. Right now, we are asking you. As a girl, what sort of bad luck are you trying to bring to the military camp?”