852

Old Xuan! Old Yao!

Two suspicious people had come to the entrance of the Yao manor, and Yao Shu’s shout had stopped everyone in the Yao family that had not yet returned to their own courtyards. The people turned back and saw that the two were still using sleeves to cover part of their faces, only leaving the eyes exposed. Hearing Yao Shu’s question, one of them said: “Keep quiet, keep quiet, we came to look for Yao Xian. Yao Shu, quickly shut your mouth! Where’s is there any place for you to speak?” While that person spoke, they stomped their feet and looked very angry.

Yao Shu also became angry, “I say, who are you? It’s fine if you directly speak my name, but you actually dare to directly use my grandfather’s name! Looking at the two of you, you don’t look like good people. If you don’t leave, don’t blame me for calling someone to report this matter!”

“You-” The person’s eyes bulged with anger and looked toward the entrance of the manor. He very quickly found Yao Xian and immediately said in a loud voice: “Yao Xian, quickly get your unlucky grandson away! Then bring this great one inside!”

“Shut your mouth!” Yao Shu also became angry and wanted to say a bit more, but he was stopped by Yao Xian, who whispered a few words into his ears. After this, Yao Shu’s face immediately turned pale. Looking at the two people outside, he immediately understood the situation and froze in place. When he recovered, he wanted to kneel and kowtow, but Yao Jing Jun, who had reacted a step before him, went forward and stopped him then said to Yao Xian: “Father, receive them for a while. I will bring them back to their courtyard.” After saying this, he brought everyone in the Yao family back to the inner courtyards. From far away, the Yao family’s sixth son, Yao Xin, could still be heard muttering: “Who exactly were they? So secretive.”

Only after everyone entered the inner courtyards did Yao Xian helplessly waved to the two people outside: “Come in.” After the two entered the manor, the gatekeeper immediately closed the gates, and Yao Xian rolled his eyes at the two, asking: “Instead of staying in a perfectly good imperial palace, what have you come here for?”

The two were none other than the Emperor and Zhang Yuan, who were extremely idle. Xuan Tian Ming’s army had left on its expedition. When the Emperor received this news, he felt that he had become isolated in this large capital. Aside from the eunuch Zhang Yuan, he did not have anyone to talk to. Of course, the person that he hoped to be with the most was Yun Pian Pian; however, that was the least likely to occur. She was living and playing freely with a tiger in her Winter Moon Palace. How could she possibly care if the old man was living happily or not?

There was nothing that the Emperor could do. Because of Feng Yu Heng’s matter, Yao Xian no longer entered the palace, and he was extremely bored, thus he simply brought his eunuch and left the palace, sneaking around to the Yao manor for the sake of drinking a bit with Yao Xian. Of course, to say that the two had snuck out of the palace, there were still countless hidden guards following in the shadows to protect them. Their safety could be ensured.

Yao Xian was too familiar with the Emperor. How could he possibly need the Emperor to speak the reason on his own? He could understand most of the Emperor’s thoughts even if he used his toes to think. He just could not understand: “Everyone says that the Emperor has an endless list of things to do each day and is busy to the point of dizziness. How is it that you’re living like a child? Leaving the palace as you please and going to drink as you please?”

The Emperor and Zhang Yuan finally lowered their sleeves from their faces after entering the yard then let out sighs of relief. The Emperor did not hold back and took the initiative to tug Yao Xian’s arm, pulling him further inside. “How could there be that much work to attend to. We are already at this age and should have my own matters. Don’t be like those old fogeys in the courts, bringing up court matters upon seeing me. We feel annoyed just hearing about it. We came to you today for the sake of drinking and playing chess. Don’t mention anything else.”