806

Firearms Join the Battle

Having gotten away with a grand heist of the Sheng Palace, Feng Yu Heng had become addicted to stealing. This person's style had always been to get revenge for just a sideways glance. She had never believed in letting off anyone that she viewed as an enemy easily. But to go and whip people like she had in the past was a little too lacking in refinement. Now that she thought about it, there were some people that just don't learn. If you beat them, they might forget about the pain after a little period of time, but if you touch their money, that would be the same as taking their life. They definitely would definitely suffer far more than if they were physically beaten. The Lu family was an example. Under the Yao family's suppression, all of their businesses had collapsed, and they fell to their current situation. What was the point of having an empty position as the left prime minister? The salary of a prime minister was not enough to raise a large family.

Feng Yu Heng pondered. Although she could not steal it all, as she could not steal things like deeds, emptying a few warehouses was quite easy. In the past few days, she had wanted to try and get a list of names belonging to the officials in the eighth prince's faction, especially those that had caused a disturbance during the banquet. Before she left, she had to tidy up every single one of them. It would be used as the fare for getting her to her fief.

The Sheng Palace's vault had been emptied out; however, word of this did not get out. Unless there were people that were interested in inquiring about it, like Xuan Tian Ming, nobody else knew what had happened. As for Xuan Tian Mo, he did not want to announce it publically. After all, it was not a good thing. For someone to have been able to empty out a treasure vault under their watch, all that could be said was that his Sheng Palace's security was no good. From stealing to having it taken out, the information was at his side, yet he never perceived it. If this sort of information was discovered by the officials, it would be a huge problem for him. It would also create a feeling of insecurity among the officials. He could only investigate in secret, but after investigating for a few days, plenty of people had died, but he still did not know anything about what he wished to know about.

That night, Feng Yu Heng went to work inside her space. The main focus was on Lu Yan and Lu Ping's blood samples and the bird nest. The result of the testing showed that her speculation was accurate. The bird nests had indeed been poisoned very blatantly.

Feng Yu Heng thought that for the poison to have been applied so aggressively, it should mean that there was no fear of it being uncovered because there was very little bird nest in circulation. At present, it could only come from inside the imperial palace. For the doctors on the outside, those that have persevered, none dared to reveal such a thing; however, who knew that the Lu family would look for Feng Yu Heng, who had once been an enemy, and Feng Yu Heng had also entered the Lu manor to examine Lu Yan.

But Feng Yu Heng did not want to startle the snake lurking in the grass. First, Xuan Tian Ming was certain that the Empress did not have any malicious intent. Second, she also wanted to see what the Empress' end goal was. It was impossible that she would take action against Lu Yan for no reason at all and ruin this marriage that she had helped along. Put plainly, this was slightly opposing her. Based on the Empress' position, it was something that invited some thought.

On the fifth day of the new year, Feng Yu Heng had arranged to visit the Lu manor. Going to see Lu Yan once more was just an excuse. She had already arranged for a female doctor to go and give Lu Yan her infusion each day. For her to visit personally would just be a cover. Her real goal was to go and give Lu Ping her injection.

In truth, the best method for treating Lu Ping would be to undergo surgery, but she did not have a particularly deep bond with Lu Ping. It was just a bit of interaction during the banquet. There was no need to put in so much effort. Also, Lu Ping did not want for the Lu family to know about her having her hidden illness treated. If the surgery required a few days to recover, perhaps it could not be hidden.