892

This Imperial Daughter Needs to Vent

As Feng Yu Heng desired, Xuan Tian Ming performed a cremation for Feng Jin Yuan. As his daughter, Feng Yu Heng knelt and kowtowed three times when the fire began burning. The distant relationship between father and daughter came to an end with this.

Feng Yu Heng was in a bad mood, but it was not a result of Feng Jin Yuan’s death. Speaking truthfully, a person changing their ways immediately before death could not erase the hatred from the trouble that they had caused for their loved ones while alive, nor could the hatchet be buried in one’s last breaths. It was not limited to just Feng Jin Yuan, as this also applied to Yao shi. The reason that she was in a bad mood was that the gloomy atmosphere caused by their deaths seemed to point toward her life reaching a dividing line. Her parents had passed away, and the Feng family no longer existed in this world.

Xuan Tian Ming accompanied her for two days and two nights. Finally, on the morning of the third day, the girl returned to her usual self, as a familiar smile appeared on her face. Xuan Tian Ming let out a sigh of relief, “You scared me to death.”

Feng Yu Heng swung around her hair that had just been washed and very inconsiderately had him help dry it with a towel. Xuan Tian Ming voiced an objection: “Why not go inside the space? That hair-dryer thing is very effective.” He had used it a few times. Who knew that such a small thing would be able to create such a strong wind. His hair dried after a short while, and it was very mystical.

Feng Yu Heng, however, said: “Then there won’t be any feeling of having you dry my hair.”

He did not understand: “What sort of feeling is that?”

She thought for a bit then said: “It’s very intimate and close. Like a family, there is no separation.”

Just drying hair would have so many thoughts put into it. Xuan Tian Ming thought to himself, a woman’s heart really was difficult to understand. His hands, however, did not stop moving. Holding the towel that she had brought out of her space, he dried her hair and would occasionally wring it. Although it was not very professional, he seemed to give off that appearance.

Feng Yu Heng was the most improficient when it came to working with hair. In her previous life, even though she was a girl, when she was not in some sort of banquet or party, her hair was handled in the most convenient manner possible. Unlike in the ancient world, just sitting around at home, hair could be molded into all kinds of shapes. If it was done too casually, it would result in her being lectured about the rules.

“In the past, there were too many rules in the Feng manor. In the past, I even needed to go so far to pay respects to grandmother. But a granddaughter going to see her grandmother is something that should be done. If there was blame to be assigned, it would be directed at the manor for being too large. Going from one courtyard to another, it was always quite far.” She unwittingly began speaking about the Feng family then subconsciously shook her head, no longer lingering on this topic.

Xuan Tian Ming took the initiative to take on the job of brushing her hair, but he also could not do much with it in terms of appearance, but it was far better than if Feng Yu Heng herself had done it. Basically, when the two were together, they would very rarely rely on servants for such things. Xuan Tian Ming had also become accustomed to it. After brushing her hair, he went to the entrance of the room and received the breakfast that Huang Quan had brought over. The two sat across from each other and began to eat. As Feng Yu Heng ate, she suddenly said: “Let’s go to the military camp in a bit.”