975

Zhu Manor Liu Shi

Wang Chuan had looked over the contents of the letter, but she currently needed to act as though she could not understand. Fortunately, Zhu Kongyue was not on guard against her. While reading the letter, she gave her a thorough lesson on this whole matter.

It had to be said that Zhu Kongyue’s ability to phrase things was very good. She began from Zhu Kongshan and Liu shi’s position in the Zhu manor before continuing to the background of their status. She then brought up the eighth prince’s letter inviting her into the capital and how she had sent the two servants to follow her. In the end, she called them out. After the two servants entered the capital, they never sent any letters back, leaving her to believe that the two servants had been swayed or bought out by Zhu Kongshan.

After saying these things, she handed the letter in her hand to Wang Chuan: “Take a look! It turns out that it was that slut, Zhu Kongshan, who did such bad things. It was such that A-Huan and A-Ruo have been living such bitter lives, not even being able to send out a letter.”

Wang Chuan pretended to seriously read over the letter. After reading it, she immediately shared a bitter hatred for the enemy with Zhu Kongyue, and they began to ridicule Zhu Kongshan. She said: “Before a girl is married, she should treat her family as her foundation. This family should be the one that raised her, not her relative’s family. If everything written in this letter is true, that third young miss is too close with her relative’s family, and it’s such that the Zhu family…”

“The Zhu family is nothing in her eyes!” Zhu Kongyue picked up from where she had left off, feeling that things were very unfair: “That little slut is only thinking of her cousin and aunts. Yes, her cousin is a prince, and her aunts are members of the imperial harem, while our Liu family is just a measly little sixth-ranked official’s family. It’s natural that she would look down on us. Hah, but no matter how unfair things are, what can we do? She has a prince supporting her, and didn’t our family lower its head in the face of the gifts sent by the prince. Don’t think that I don’t know what her concubine mother is thinking. It’s just to have her marry a prince. Regardless of whether it’s the eighth prince or the sixth prince, either way, they would get even closer. Like this, the entire Zhu family would listen to her.”

Wang Chuan looked pensive and said: “Marry a prince? Isn’t the third young miss a daughter of a concubine? Normally speaking, a daughter of a concubine is unable to become a prince’s official princess. Even if there is a marriage, it should be the Zhu family’s daughter of the first wife!” As she spoke, she looked at Zhu Kongyue, “Eldest young miss, you’re the daughter of the first wife! The head madam is the head wife! If the Zhu family really wants to get even closer, the one to marry a prince should be you. No matter what, it should not fall to the young miss born of a concubine.”

Wang Chuan’s words had roused Zhu Kongyue, as she slapped the table: “That’s right! Why did I not think of that! If there is someone to get married, it should be me. She should not even get a chance. A daughter of a concubine has a low standing. If she marries a prince, she will only lose face and be an eyesore. She would not even be able to fight for the position of official princess. In the end, wouldn’t she still rely on the family to support her. That’s no good. I will need to go and tell mother about this. We must not allow Zhu Kongshan to move about too happily in the capital.”

Wang Chuan continued to egg her on: “Young miss, no matter how many precautions you take, family is hardest to defend against. It’s not that this servant’s heart is wicked, but ever since this servant has been with young miss, I must help young miss think more thoroughly. No matter how this servant thinks about this matter, it is quite frightening. If the third young miss must marry a prince, based on her status as their cousin, it would be impossible that she would be reconciled with being a lowly concubine. That’s why she must think of a way to obtain the position of official princess. Since she is a daughter of a concubine, being the official princess is impossible, thus… there is only one choice.”