965

Crushed by Status

Zhu Kongshan had brought many people. Between masters and servants, they had the numerical advantage, but they were far lower in terms of status.

On Feng Yuheng’s side, she alone was not enough to oppress them, as she also had a proper palace princess in Xuan Tiange with her. In addition to this were the daughter of the first wife of the right prime minister and the daughter of the first wife of General Ping Nan. No matter where this pair went, they would attract attention. Even a beauty like Feng Zhaolian, who had no rank, no title, nor pillar of support, could silence any opposition because of his beauty.

Of course, those accompanying Zhu Kongshan were not all completely unpresentable. There were some head wives and daughters of first wives from second and third rank officials families. These sorts of people had been into the palace and met many noble people, thus they did not find such an event to be fresh. In the end, there were still some girls from lower-ranked officials’ families, and some of them were daughters of concubines. In the past, they had never had a chance to enter the palace. This time, it was because their families secretly supported the eighth prince, and they used the opportunity to do good things to curry favor with Zhu Kongshan. Thanks to this, they were able to enter the palace with her. Now, just as they reached the entrance, they ran into a palace princess and a princess. They were extremely nervous and a little excited.

But very quickly, people at their sides quietly reminded them about why they had come. This reminder managed to stifle the excitement and emotions of those girls, causing them to lower their heads.

Zhu Kongshan sighed to herself and thought that the one thing this capital was lacking the least for was people of nobility. She had also made preparations for needing to oppose Feng Yuheng; however, who knew that she would also bring out a palace princess. For a lowly Imperial Concubine Li, she guessed that Feng Yuheng would most likely attend. After all, there was that relationship with the sixth prince; however, she never thought that Feng Yuheng would bring so many supporters.

She took the initiative to step forward and deeply bowed before Xuan Tiange and Feng Yuheng, “This humble girl, Zhu Kongshan, greets Palace Princess Wu Yang and greets Princess Yu.” Her manners and respectfulness were all perfect, and not a single fault could be pointed out.

Seeing Zhu Kongshan bow, the people that had come with her naturally could not continue to foolishly stand there. They were all family members of officials in the capital. It was natural that they were clear on the status of these people before there, thus they all stepped forward and bowed with Zhu Kongshan.

Feng Yuheng nodded but did not say anything. Although she was the official princess of a prince, her current ranking was no lower than that of Xuan Tiange. In addition to this, the ninth prince was the older relative, while Xuan Tiange was the younger one. According to this, she was currently more important than Xuan Tiange. But she had already seen the fierce fighting spirit in Xuan Tiange’s eyes the moment they saw Zhu Kongshan, thus she thought that it would be best if she left this opportunity to her good friend. This palace princess usually spent her days inside and got quite bored. Now that she finally had a chance to have some fun, she needed to find her something to do.

She took a step back and stood with Fung Tianyu and Ren Xifeng. The three stood together and watched Xuan Tiange, as they heard Xuan Tiange say: “You’re the girl that suddenly came to the capital and suddenly went to help the poor people in the northern part of the city? You were called Zhu what was it again?”