960

Hello Xiao Bao

Feng Yuheng’s unexpected voice caused Fendai’s arrogance to quickly die down. The once arrogant girl was stunned from hearing her second sister’s voice. The hands that were resting on her hips dropped to her sides, and her shouting came to a stop. She just stood there in a daze with her back facing Feng Yuheng for a long time.

Just when Huang Quan was about to lose her patience and ask her what she was doing, Feng Fendai turned around and faced Feng Yuheng. Feng Yuheng saw that her complexion was not too good, but it was not a result of sickness. It seemed as though she had not been able to sleep well for a few days, as there were dark bags under her eyes.

“What sort of fuss are you causing?” Her tone had also calmed down. Two lives of experience had allowed her to see that Feng Fendai’s mood had already begun to change in the other direction since her arrival. That sort of direction was not fear. Instead, it was a bit of emotional and a sort of sad and dreary feeling that came from a change in the situation.

Feng Fendai had not seen her second sister for a long time. Even after Feng Yuheng returned to the capital, the two had not met once. When Feng Yuheng had just spoken, she felt that this second sister was still the same second sister as before, and she was still pushy and overbearing while also refusing to give people a way out. Even after getting married, she still maintained that same fierce attitude as when she was in the Feng manor. But what of herself?

Why did she feel as though she had gotten old over just a few years? If this was in the past, when Feng Yuheng spoke like this, she definitely would have done everything possible to fight back. Even if she knew that she could not win in the slightest against her second sister, she would still want to get a word in. In the past, she only did things for the sake of a thrill, and she did it without any concern for the ramifications. As long as her temper flared up, she would dare to offend anyone. But now, she knew fear and knew how to weigh the pros and cons. She also knew what sort of person she could afford to offend and which ones she could not.

Looking again at Feng Yuheng, all of the memories from her time in the Feng manor flashed through her mind, and she could not help but smile bitterly, as she gently muttered: “Past me, just how much confidence did you have that you would actually think that you could defeat her?” After saying this, she looked at Yao An and still said with some reluctance: “Shopkeeper Yao, unable to handle this yourself, you went to call for reinforcements.” She was Feng Fendai. How could she just accept her loss without saying something? Straightening out her posture, she then turned to Feng Yuheng and said: “Second sister, I did not come today with the intention of causing a commotion. I just wanted to take back my younger brother and hope that second sister will help accomplish this.” After saying this, she quietly lowered her gaze and softened her tone a great deal: “You also know that there aren’t many people left in the Feng family. The current residence is under his name, and I don’t want to live there. His Highness the fifth prince arranged another place for me, and I will be moving there tomorrow. I also found the deed for that Feng residence in father’s study.” While she spoke, she pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to Feng Yuheng, “Now, you are the eldest sister. It will be handled however you want! Whether it’s sold or kept, I don’t have any opinions. But you must let me take that child away. Just treat it as taking pity on me. I don’t want to be all alone.”

Her tone was miserable, and though there was a faint look of hatred on her face without the slightest trace of familial love, these sorts of words made Feng Yuheng feel emotional. Ever since she was young, this child refused to admit defeat and was never reconciled with her position as a daughter of a concubine; however, she never knew how to change this situation in a proper way. Even getting engaged to the fifth prince was not enough to satisfy her vain heart. Instead, it caused her to become even prouder. She did not know how to advise against it. Perhaps this was the foundation of the Feng family, and Fendai’s personality was the same as that of the Feng family’s, while Xiang Rong was closer to An shi. That was why she could give Xiangrong a hand but was powerless to help Fendai.