867

I Am Saving Lives, Not People

Feng Yu Heng’s brows furrowed. Someone had bad intentions? If it really was like this, regardless of who this person hid behind, she would definitely drag them out. Killing people demanded repayment with life. To use the lives of normal citizens for something so wretched, that sort of person deserved to die!

The group of carriages very quickly arrived near the jade mine. There were already soldiers from Yu Zhou that had surrounded the affected area not permitting anyone through.

But there were more and more citizens that were gathering. Both Yu Zhou and Ji An Prefecture had too many people that relied on the mine to make a living. This one incident ended up becoming a disaster for half of the citizens. She even heard a granny wail: “I only have that one son! If he was buried and died down there, I won’t be able to carry on living!”

She anxiously exited her carriage, and someone immediately recognized her. The citizens gathered around her, and not even the soldiers could hold them back. It was Feng Yu Heng that raised her voice to say: “Everyone, do not panic. Since this imperial daughter has come, I definitely will not ignore this situation. I invite everyone to give way. No matter what, saving lives is most important. All of the doctors from Hundred Herb Hall have rushed over here. We will go and rescue them first. Later on, this imperial daughter will give everyone an explanation. Is that alright?”

The people were not unreasonable. They knew that rescue efforts were most important at this time. Every moment that they delayed Imperial Daughter Ji An, the people buried below would become a bit less likely to survive. Thus everyone dispersed on their own, giving Feng Yu Heng’s group a path, but there were still some people that wished to go in with her. Feng Yu Heng then ordered the soldiers: “Pick out the young and strong ones to be let inside, but it is not to mess around. Instead, it’s to participate in the rescue operation. Each one that can be dug out counts for one!” At the same time, she said to the people: “Only by saving others can others save your family members. If you only think of your family, it would be pointless regardless of what methods we use for the rescue operation.”

Everyone nodded their heads, and many young men were chosen by the soldiers to enter to carry out the rescue operation, but there were some people that felt a bit worried. They were worried that another landslide would occur, and they would be going off to die. But later on, when they saw Imperial Daughter Ji An and the sixth prince, who had also rushed over, both enter they wondered, what were their lives worth? An imperial daughter and a prince were not even afraid, so what were they afraid for? Thus they all began to register, increasing the number of rescuers.

Feng Yu Heng entered the affected area and looked toward the top of the mountain. There, she saw that the landslide had begun halfway up. There was a noticeably large hole in the side of the mountain. It was that part of the mountain caving in that had begun the landslide. Ban Zou stood at her side and said: “The cause of the landslide should be the caved-in area. The collapse caused a shock to the rest of the mountain, which caused the landslide.”

“The area of the cave-in is very large.” Feng Yu Heng observed from a distance and said, “Also, it looks a bit strange. It’s as though the mountain was hollowed out. Also, this hollowing was not something that existed from the beginning. It should be man-made.” She pointed at the caved-in area and said: “Look, the quality of the earth is hard. The layers of dirt are in solid chunks. Also, that area has already been mined. If the mountain was already hollow, the incident would not have happened at this sort of time. It should have happened when it was being mined.” While she spoke, she walked forward. First, she looked at the injured being carried out, and there were some that had already stopped breathing and some that were still breathing, but they were all covered in blood. It was impossible to tell at a glance where they had been hurt.