987

Let’s Go on a Tour

Zhu Kongshan did not know what exactly Feng Yuheng’s arrangements could be, but she at least understood that as long as Feng Yuheng was willing to help, her safety was guaranteed. She never had any intention of keeping this life, but she should not give it away so quickly at a time like this. She needed to keep it for a little while longer. She would need to give the eighth prince and Noble Lady Yuan one more push to be satisfied!

Through Hundred Herb Hall’s efforts, the poisoning situation in the northern part of the city was alleviated. Though those who died from freezing to death could not be revived, almost everything possible was done to ensure the lives of everyone else.

Two days later, the Yu Palace made an appearance in the northern part of the city and began a project to build up the area. The blueprints and design philosophy were provided by Feng Yuheng. They would be standardized residential homes, but they would not have their own yards. Like modern apartments, each family would have their own residence with separate rooms inside. There were some with two rooms and a living room, and there were some with three rooms and a living room. They were given out based on the size of the family. In the northern part of the city, there were nearly no people living alone. Even if they were lone wolves in the past or were beggars, they would be separated into groups of two or three and given a residence.

Thinking back to the winter disaster, Feng Yuheng had already worked with the Yu Palace to construct new residences for the people in the capital. It was just that the magnitude of that disaster was quite broad. It was not as localized as this event, thus she did not make any standardized plans. Most of it was just providing repairs to the existing buildings. As for the buildings that had been rebuilt, they were built under the Yu Palace’s name. Things would be the same this time around, as all houses were registered under the Yu Palace’s name. These would be provided to the poor people of the northern part of the city for free.

This time, all of the people affected by this crisis gathered in the northern part of the city. It was such that there were already people anticipating the houses being built by the Yu Palace. The northern part of the capital had become an area owned solely by the ninth prince, and these citizens who had received this grace had become completely loyal to the ninth prince and Imperial Daughter Ji An.

After the eighth prince, Xuan Tianmo, had been beaten by the citizens that day, he very rationally filed a report, and he filed it directly with the Board of Punishments. Xu Jingyuan officially took on this case; however, he simply sent the eighth prince back. He would be called back every day, but he did not go and capture a single one of those violent citizens.

Xuan Tianmo knew that Xu Jingyuan was unfair in his duties; however, he was left powerless by what Xu Jingyuan said- “This official is just going through the motions. His Majesty said that he wished to personally try this case.”

With this, Xuan Tianmo withered up, as the weight pressing down on his heart was not relieved. A bad feeling quickly surged forth, as intuition told him that this hurdle with the Emperor would likely be hard to get over.

There were too many citizens who had died. It was such that the situation in court could no longer favor the eighth prince’s side. In addition to this, due to the interference of Zhu Kongshan, those officials from his faction no longer wished to speak for him. For a while, everyone in court wanted to express their disdain toward the eighth prince. There were even some who had begun speaking about Noble Lady Yuan. On more than one occasion, someone had asked the Emperor to punish her together with him.