896

Want to Flee After Causing a Commotion? No Chance!

Gradually, the wealthy families of Jue Ping City began to “betray their country.” More and more people went to Hundred Herb Fragrance to buy perfume. The people also began to try the sunscreen. When the people realized that Da Shun’s facial cream was more effective than the one produced by Gu Shu, the shop next door never saw any more business. As for the common citizens, how many of them could afford the expensive facial creams? That boss was so angry that he was on the verge of burning down Hundred Herb Fragrance; however, he was also afraid of being caught and beaten to death. He had always been conflicted and nearly fainted from holding it in.

After all, the people were not fools. They were able to differentiate between what items were good and what items were bad. The wealthy families had money, and they only wanted nice things. They did not care about money, and the so-called loyalty to Gu Shu was just something that existed between the hot-blooded men. When it came to the wealthy ladies, Gu Shu and Da Shun were the same. Whichever one allowed them to live a more steady life would be the one that they stayed loyal to. Of course, they also wanted for their own businesses to do well and earn more money.

Feng Yu Heng was very proficient in this. Those wealthy families frequently visited to buy things. Becoming familiar with them, she began to provide them with special deals. For example, they could receive “special passes” that she handed out to leave the city and go all the way to Lan Zhou. They could bring Da Shun’s things from Lan Zhou to be sold in Jue Ping City. They could also bring goods from Jue Ping City to Lan Zhou. Also, with this special pass that she was handing out, they would receive a certain amount of aid from Lan Zhou.

She quickly obtained the hearts of the wealthy families, and brainwashed them, saying: “As a person, you must adapt to the circumstances. How much have you profited from following Gu Shu? Over the years, you are still living in Jue Ping City. Your businesses are just as they are now. But ever since I opened up this alternative path, and your businesses expanded to Da Shun, how much have you earned these days? This is also just from the small area of Lan Zhou. Do you know how large Da Shun is? Da Shun is large and has an abundance of resources. Not to mention being able to get whatever you want, but anyone would admit that the resources for the goods are far more abundant than in Gu Shu. Who would give up a good life to live a bitter one? There are some of you that work with sand. Could it be that you don’t want to bring your business to Da Shun? How many people in Da Shun need houses built. Is this something that Gu Shu can compete with? In the end, this battle was something that Gu Shu started first. As a subordinate foreign land, Gu Shu clearly knew its own military strength could not compete with Da Shun, yet it still carried out an attack. Have you ever wondered if Gu Shu’s ruler had ever been considerate of the lives of the citizens? Our Da Shun can copy Gu Shu’s former actions and slaughters cities, but we spared your lives. Just think about it. Which master is a bit better. Which master would provide you with more benefits.”

To the wealthy people of Jue Ping City, her words were very enticing. The reason that they could get wealthy first was a result of them being smarter. They thought further ahead than normal civilians. They all knew that what Feng Yu Heng had said was correct. Their recent business dealings in Lan Zhou had allowed them to see quite a profit. For some, when they passed by Sha Ping City, they saw that Sha Ping City had improved greatly from before under Da Shun’s governance. Sha Ping’s citizens repeatedly praised Da Shun.

Thus the people’s minds unwittingly became more tolerant. The wealthy families of Jue Ping City had already changed from their initial persistence. They began to become more welcoming of Da Shun. This sort of thinking gradually began to spread with them as catalysts. Those people that had originally been antagonistic toward Da Shun gradually began to change following the lead of the wealthy families.