808

Gun and Grenade Training

“Thank you, master,” He Gan and Xi Fang had accepted Feng Yu Heng as their master long ago. Placing the banknotes into their pockets, tears appeared in their eyes. Xi Fang wiped away the tears and said: “Before the new year, the family sent a letter to the communication point in the capital. They said that my younger brother will be getting married, and I was thinking of sending all of the money that I had saved up to have the people at the communication post send it back. I never thought that master would give so much.”

“Alright, now’s not the time to get emotional. I came over this time with a mission to entrust to you.” Feng Yu Heng looked at their nearly-crying appearances and helplessly said: “He Gan, go and gather up all of the members of the Divine Intent Army. Remember to have them gather at the entrance to the mountain pass. Xi Fang,” She pointed to the two carriages behind her, “We will each drive one over.”

Feng Yu Heng personally led a carriage over, leaving the military camp for the entrance to the mountain pass. During this time, she ran into some more patrolling soldiers and threw them some pouches of chocolate. Either way, her space had plenty, and they were easy to get.

The Divine Intent Army gathered very quickly. When they saw Feng Yu Heng arrive, they were all very excited; however, Feng Yu Heng did not say too much. First, she led the group to an open area behind the mountains. Xuan Tian Ming had told her that this place was very hidden. It was between two mountains, and the area was spacious. He would also make sure to greet the other soldiers and tell them not to head over in this direction, regardless of what they heard.

What Feng Yu Heng needed was a quiet place. After arriving, she first handed out the money pouches that had been prepared ahead of time then told everyone that the contents of the pouches were the same for everyone. Everyone was given a banknote worth 100 taels of silver. It was a gift to celebrate the new year. The soldiers happily cheered, and this caused Feng Yu Heng to feel a bit embarrassed. After she had founded the Divine Intent Army, she had been busy with other things the entire time. She had gone to fight in the North, and after she returned to the capital, there was a pile of matters waiting for her attention. It was such that she did not have time to concern herself with the soldiers over here.

Fortunately, this place was not the border, and there was no danger of the soldiers needing to go onto the battlefield at any time. This place was also close to the capital. There was no shortage in terms of food and supplies, nor was there much hardship. She thought about it, and everyone would soon be setting foot on the battlefield. From this day forward, she would need to be a little more serious toward these soldiers. At the very least, little day-to-day favors and the military supplies needed to be taken care of fully. Also, the soldiers that had died or were injured in Qian Zhou, although Xuan Tian Ming had already sent their families some financial benefits, that should not be the end of it. Follow-up care needed to be able to keep up.

As she was thinking carelessly, the soldiers had already placed the banknotes inside their pockets. He Gan stood at her side and said: “Master, what are we going to be doing next?”

Only then did Feng Yu Heng regain her senses and let out a faint smile. Using her internal strength, she loudly said: “Today, everyone will be given a new type of weapon. This will be our Divine Intent Army’s secret weapon, and it will be used in our future battles. I only prepared enough for everyone present. Listen up, no matter what you are about to see or how shocked you feel, you can express it immediately, but once you leave the back of the mountain and return to the camp, you must keep it a secret. You must not mention it in the slightest. Do you understand?”

“Understood!” Everyone replied in unison. At the same time, they began to speculate what sort of secret weapon could make their master want to try and keep it a secret from the military camp?