846

This Is a Thieves’ Den? Doesn’t Look Like It!

The bearded man suddenly stopped paying attention to the serious injury to his body and began shouting once more. Ban Zou felt irritated by this and wanted to act once more but was stopped by Feng Yu Heng, who asked him: “So what if there is a divine doctor? So what if there isn’t a divine doctor?” After saying this, she did not wait for the bearded man to reply and turned to say to the young woman: “Granny’s injury is basically fine, but she still needs to recover. She must not carry heavy loads, and she should remain in bed laying down as much as possible. Do not let her work while bent over, and she must not be exposed to the cold.” She reached into her sleeve and pulled out three tubes of Voltaren and handed it to them, “Apply it to the injured area three times each day. After this has been used up, Granny should be able to get out of bed.”

While she spoke, the bearded man’s eyes stared straight at the three tubes of Voltaren, and even the five fellows behind him revealed a criminal intent in their eyes. It was as though Feng Yu heng was holding gold in her hands. Huang Quan laughed upon seeing this, “I say, are you mountain bandits or medicine bandits? We are carrying quite a bit of money, but why is it that you show no interest in money and are instead so taken by the medicine?”

The bearded man seemed to have not heard her speak, as he looked at Feng Yu Heng and murmured: “Miss is a divine doctor, right? Miss’ medical abilities are exceptional and can even save an old lady that had coughed up blood, right? Then could Miss come with us into the mountains to treat our madam’s illness? As long as Miss can treat our leader’s madam, we will give you as many treasures as you like! Not to hide it from miss, but if it was not because of the severity of the leader’s madam’s illness, none of us brothers would have gone through with stealing someone else’s wife. This is something that we did while hiding it from the leader. We just wanted a beautiful one, and it would be best if it was someone that could give birth to a child. As long as the leader is happy, he would gradually forget about his current madam. If miss does not believe it, you can ask around. Although we are mountain bandits, we have never bullied the villagers!”

Feng Yu Heng looked at the young woman and saw her nod, thus she knew that the bearded man’s words were not exaggerated. But not harming the villagers did not mean that they were good people, as she asked the bearded man: “You mean to say that if I don’t provide help, you will continue to come out and kidnap people?”

The bearded man let out a snort, “Unless Miss will be staying in the village forever, we will still end up kidnapping people. We can’t be without a madam, and the leader is currently quite depressed. We brothers are not living happily, and it would be better if we made an attempt. If we managed to find someone satisfying, it would be considered as saving the entire family.”

What shitty logic was this? Feng Yu Heng frowned. For the sake of your leader, you go to kidnap the wives of others, and you make it sound quite pitiful. It really was the case that one had to be extremely shameless to find excuses. But the reason that she had not taken fierce measures against them was not that she had a compassionate heart. To Feng Yu Heng, descending the mountain to commit vile acts was enough for her to eradicate the entire family. Although she was not the sort of saint to meddle with these idle matters, since it was a mountain dwelling, there would definitely be a profit! She had been thinking along these lines. She would rob a mountain residence along the way and earn another large sum. Who told her to head in the direction of Ji An Prefecture while thinking about Xuan Tian Ming’s impending battles?

However, she did not do such a thing because she noticed something about the six that had come down the mountains that was different from the usual bad people, especially the force with which they walked. When they stood, they unconsciously stood with their backs straight, and they did not look defeated when they were kneeling. These were not habits that bandits would have. Normally speaking, even if bandits had some sort of bearing, it would just be the leaders that had it. As for the underlings, when caught, the first thing that they would think of would be self-preservation. They definitely would not kneel with righteousness. She had some faint guesses, and whether or not her guesses were correct would require her to investigate personally.