850

Xuan Tian Ming Departs for War

Although it was within Xuan Tian Ming’s expectations that the South would become chaotic, as even the Emperor had been prepared mentally, they never thought that the enemy would come so fiercely. It was such that Lan Zhou was about to fall by the time the report had arrived.

The battle had already spread to Lan Zhou, which meant that the South had already been broken through by the enemy army. The efforts that had been put in over the past two years were ruined in an instant. The eighth prince, Xuan Tian Mo, spoke with indignation in court: “Father Emperor, son has been stationed in the South as the general for many years, and this sort of mess has never occurred before. Now that my right to command has been handed over, it’s natural that I can no longer return to the South, but why is the newly appointed general still living idly in the capital? Should he not have immediately set out after receiving the military tally?” As he spoke, he looked toward Xuan Tian Ming. The wounds from having been struck 100 times were still there, and his movements were strange. The people needed to hold back their laughter. “Ninth brother, it’s a big matter for the country. How could you be so foolish?”

He spoke with stern righteousness, and his face was filled with distress; however, Xuan Tian Ming could not understand: “It has already happened. Instead of thinking about how to deal with it, eighth brother is only focused on deflecting responsibility. This prince did not want to argue with you on this matter. Since the battle has already come, I just need to bring soldiers over to fight, but if you speak like this, then this prince will also debate you with.” While he spoke, he saluted to the Emperor, “Father Emperor, today is the 29th of the first month, and we have already received this report from the South. The South has already been broken through and reached Lan Zhou. This sort of situation is not something that could happen in just a day or two, right? From the South to the capital is extremely far, and it would take at least 15 days, which is to say that the battle was lost in the South around the 15th of the first month. Calculating it a bit more carefully, Gu Shu collaborating with the small countries in the desert is not something that could be done in just a few days. Those that are smart can figure out this situation. For Gu Shu and so many small countries to agree on one thing, it would require at least one year to reach a consensus. During this year, the Southern Army still belonged to eighth brother.”

Xuan Tian Mo heard this, and the corner of his eyebrows twitched. He knew that old ninth would be hard to deal with. The previous old ninth was rather willful, and he would be rather direct when dealing with the people that he disliked. He would just raise his whip and just begin killing. He had not been in the capital for a long time, and he still believed that old ninth would still be the same as before. Although he had probed him a few times before, he had still underestimated his younger brother. The current Xuan Tian Ming was no longer the willful brat that he was before. He had more independent thoughts, and he had ideas and plans that were steady. He had set up numerous plans, and not only did the opposition not fall into the trap, but he had turned it around.

That was right, Gu Shu and the ten countries working together, how could it possibly be done in just a short period of time. They had planned it for nearly a full year, and he needed to repeatedly negotiate with the small countries individually. He also needed to provide all kinds of promises. Only then could the attack during this first month occur. He wanted to use this to send old ninth, Xuan Tian Ming, to the afterlife. It would be best if Feng Yu Heng could also be sent along with him. Even if it was not possible, he would use this chance to have the coalition army have Da Shun suffer some defeats and create pressure on the Emperor to place him on the throne. As long as he became the ruler, what coalition army and selling out his country? He, Xuan Tian Mo, was not that benevolent. He would immediately have soldiers fight back those people.