830

How About Passing the Position to Old Eighth Sooner?

“Forgiveness is not quite it. It would just be viewed as children messing around.” Indeed, Feng Fen Dai was truly too young in Feng Yu Heng’s eyes. Back then, she was just ten years of age, and she was now 13. Placed in the world that she was familiar with, she would have been nothing more than a fifth- or sixth-grade elementary student. In her previous life, she had lived to the age of 26, and she had added on the years from this life. To argue with a little child was a little too boorish. But she was not without worries, “I fear that young children mature too quickly. Living life her entire life with the same personality that she had at ten, it would not be me that has a life of grievances. It would be her.”

Feng Yu Heng squeezed Xiang Rong’s hand. Who knew where the emotions came from, as she recalled when she had returned from the Northwest to the capital. When she had just returned to the Feng manor, Xiang Rong and Fen Dai had gone to the tiny Liu courtyard. One had come to visit with good intentions, while the other had come to look for trouble with bad intentions. At that time, she really hated that child, Feng Fen Dai. She also really hated the Feng manor. In her heart, she carried her own annoyance and the hatred of the body’s original owner. Their treatment of people was also harsh. Thinking about it now, getting mad at a ten-year-old Fen Dai was the same as bullying a little child.

“You have all matured early.” She said to Xiang Rong, “In truth, as I see it, girls begin showing an interest in romance after turning 16, and they only begin considering marriage after turning 18, while giving birth in their early 20s. This is best.”

Xiang Rong did not really understand. Did her second sister not get engaged very early? Also, she and His Highness the ninth prince found each other congenial? Could it be… “Second sister, you wouldn’t be thinking of delaying for a few years before getting married to His Highness the ninth prince, right? Wasn’t it said that you would get married when you became of age?”

Feng Yu Heng smiled wryly, “What was said before was just what I was hoping for. In reality, who could do it? Even for me, I could not do it.” Forget it, she would not talk about such things with Xiang Rong. This child would not understand it. Feng Yu Heng let go of her hand, leaned against the soft cushion and closed her eyes to rest.

In truth, her original intention was not to see the Feng family fall to its current situation, and she had thought of having everyone get along. The father would be like a father, and the mother would be like a mother. Aside from Chen shi and Feng Chen Yu, she did not have any intention of hurrying to kill the remainder of the Feng family. It was just that things had ended up in this situation as things had progressed. Back when she had been transmigrated, it had been to get revenge for the body’s original owner. Even to this moment, she did not know, would the body’s original owner be happy or blame her for the current state of affairs? The revenge had been carried out and even saw Yao shi get involved. For this point, the original owner would not be happy, right? After all, she was clear in her heart about the feelings of love that she had felt for that mother. As for Yao shi, she had just loved her daughter too much, thus she was so sensitive to her actions. She had already told Xuan Tian Ming that there was no need to hold back when dealing with Yao shi. She just hoped that the original owner would not become resentful because of this. She had truly done all that she could.

The commoners were not the only ones reluctant to see Feng Yu Heng leave the capital. In truth, the Emperor had grieved this matter for quite a few days. Even Zhang Yuan trying all sorts of methods to try and make him happy had failed. His days were spent either in Zhao He Hall or Heavenly Hall. He never went anywhere else. Today, he finally wandered around the palace for a bit; however, as he walked, he ended up in front of Winter Moon Palace.