807

Fall Out When the Situation Demands

"A barren land!" Feng Yu Heng sighed that she was down on her luck. She had finally managed to obtain a fief, yet it was actually a barren land. But she very quickly calmed herself and expressed that she could accept it. It was as Wang Chuan had said. If it was a prosperous land, how could the imperial family be willing to award it to anyone. It had to be known that fiefs that were given out could no longer be taken back! Unless it was seized back, but that would also cause damage to Da Shun.

"Young Miss." Huang Quan followed up and said: "You still might not know what a barren land means. In that place, crops can't be grown, and it's not even possible to turn it into a farm. But there are mountains in the region. Also, this servant has researched it before. There is a mountain range in our fief, and there are two mountain peaks that belong to us. It's also not a barren mountain!"

"It's no trouble." Feng Yu Heng waved her hand, saying: "Your young miss never intended to turn that place into a farm. Also, I don't know how. It's good if there are mountains. At the very least, we won't starve to death by eating the mountain's plants. That place is near the jade mine. We should also take care of tidying up the businesses."

Only then did the two servants calm down. Their young miss had ideas. Over the years, she had never been wrong. As long as she said that it was not a problem, there really were no problems. Either way, they themselves were not lacking in money. They would be fine with continuing to live.

Feng Yu Heng finished tidying things up then prepared to leave the manor. Today, she had made an appointment with Xuan Tian Ming. The two would be meeting outside the capital then find an excuse to sit in an empty carriage then get all of the guns and ammunition into the carriage.

When the three left the manor, the sky had just begun to lighten up, and the streets were still empty. During the first month, not a single family worked. The people in the capital were relatively wealthy, and the majority enjoyed banquets or played mahjong. During the early morning, who would get up so early? When Feng Yu Heng set out, she remembered a matter, thus she called Ban Zou and told him: "Go to the Lian residence and ask Feng Zhao Lian if he wants to come to the military camp with us. We will wait for you inside the imperial carriage. Go quickly and return quickly."

Ban Zou was puzzled, "What are you bringing that evildoer for?"

"100 thousand of the troops in the military camp belong to him. Say, do you think he should be brought along to take a look?" Feng Yu Heng did not say anything else and climbed into the imperial carriage.

Huang Quan saw that she looked a little off and was a bit worried for Ban Zou. She could not help but be a little nosy and say: "Ban Zou just acts a little too familiar. Young miss, you must not get angry at him."

Feng Yu Heng shook her head, "It's no problem." These people had been at her side for many years. How could she not understand them? Ban Zou was exactly as Huang Quan had said. He had become too familiar with her and did not act as an outsider. It was such that he would have some sort of question or something to say to the majority of the things that she said. He would not go and do it without a single condition. Of course, this sort of hidden guard was rather willful and unlike the ones that Xuan Tian Ming had at his side, who were all a bit more robotic and did not communicate emotionally.

Ban Zou moved quickly, and the group waited inside the imperial carriage for half an hour at most before he returned; however, he returned alone. Arriving before Feng Yu Heng, he spread his hands: "That evildoer isn't coming."

Feng Yu Heng nodded. This outcome was not unexpected. She had Huang Quan inform the driver that he could depart; however, Ban Zou continued to remain standing inside the carriage. Staring at Feng Yu Heng, he asked: "Does master wish to know his reason for not going?"