863

Building Up Ji An Prefecture

In regards to the process of taking in Ji An Prefecture, Feng Yu Heng was very satisfied, but when it came to taxes and the cost of things, she was not very knowledgeable. Fortunately, there was the prefect of Yu Zhou, Qian Feng Shou, present. She simply pushed this off to Qian Feng Shou and his assistant. When it was taken care of, she would look it over and pass it. But the sixth prince, Xuan Tian Feng, said: “In truth, I can handle this sort of trivial thing. Why handle it through someone else. We in the prefecture can handle it ourselves.”

It was not as though Feng Yu Heng had not thought of having Xuan Tian Feng help out, but she was just too embarrassed to ask, alright! No matter what was said, he was still a prince. Coming to this sort of place to become a teacher was already making her feel apologetic. How could she trouble him with other work? But now that he took the initiative to bring it up, she just went with the flow and handed to job to Xuan Tian Feng.

As for the measurement of the lands occupied by the merchant shops, this was handled by Li Zhu’s group. As for the living accommodations, they were all already prepared. She directly entered the prefecture guard’s manor, while Li Zhu’s soldiers went to live in the residences that had been for the personal army. After tidying it up a bit, it was quite nice.

Xuan Tian Feng followed her and entered the prefecture guard’s manor. Either way, the residence as far too large. She would live in the inner courtyard, and Xuan Tian Feng would live in the outer courtyard. The two would not get in the other’s way. It was also convenient to have discussions about the constructions in Ji An Prefecture at any time.

Wang Lin’s group went and found themselves their own residences. With the collapse of the Teng family, there were many residences were that were emptied out that had been lived in by the Teng family’s people. When the 30 thousand members of the Northeast Army entered the prefecture, they arrested everyone within nine generations of relation to the Teng family. Anyone with even the slightest relation to the Teng family would be thrown into the prisoner transport carriage. That would be handled by the Board of Punishments when they reached the capital.

The Teng family’s courtyards were made to look very magnificent. Wang Lin brought everyone to find a couple of residences, and they were all able to have their own small courtyards. The conditions were also quite good. It was even better than in the capital. The people were very satisfied with this, and there were even some that felt that settling down here would be quite good. As for those that were a bit older, they began to think of settling down here and bringing over their family members from the capital. Either way, families could not be separated for long periods of time.

With her own people finishing with their arrangements and the merchants also having their measurements taken and paying to buy the deeds, all of the money was placed into the newly-constructed treasury inside the prefecture guard’s manor. it would be the foundation for building up Ji An Prefecture.

Of course, this money sounded like quite a bit, but for Ji An Prefecture, which had all kinds of expenses, it was like a drop in a bucket. Feng Yu Heng had also brought out a large amount from inside her space. At this time, she was very thankful for the people who were scammed into opening shops, as well as the people that had come to live. At the very least, there were buildings that lined the streets, which saved her a great deal of effort. Her money would be used to supplement the extremely poor residences.

The accountants of the prefecture guard’s manor were brought over from Yu Zhou’s Hundred Herb Hall. The people recommended by Wang Lin were very reliable. As for the servants in the manor, there was an extreme shortage. She simply began to look for workers among the residents. First, this would quickly resolve the problem of finding workers. Second, it would be a service for normal citizens. At the very least, those that worked in her territory would not be beaten, cursed or have their pay deducted.