827

You Shameless People!

“Hm?” Everyone was stunned and looked toward Xuan Tian Ming. The eighth prince, Xuan Tian Mo, asked: “Ninth brother, what do those words mean? The decision to make steel weapons was made by Father Emperor back then. The money to produce them came from the national treasury. At that time, it was because the battle with Qian Zhou was looming that the steel weapons were sent to the North. Oh, of course, the Northwestern Army controlled by ninth brother was the one that attacked Qian Zhou. That is to say that all of the steel weapons that were made are all in ninth brother’s hands. Later on, the East was in imminent danger, and some steel weapons were sent over, but the other sides did not receive any steel weapons. Ninth brother, those nice things were made using money from the national treasury. Hoarding all of them is improper, right?”

Xuan Tian Ming rolled his eyes and looked at the eighth prince’s faction as if looking at morons. He then remained silent.

Everyone felt oppressed. Every time they conversed with the ninth prince, there would be a feeling of pressure that could not be described. You could never tell what his gaze meant, nor could you tell what he wanted to say or what he would not say. They could not even guarantee that he would not raise his whip and leave someone crippled. Even in court, they definitely did not suspect that the ninth prince’s personality of losing his temper at the drop of a hat would disappear. After all, it would not be the first time that he suddenly acted out in front of the Emperor.

Now that they brought up the matter of the steel weapons with the eighth prince, they received the answer of “There aren’t any,” from the ninth prince. This was followed by an eye roll and nothing else. This atmosphere… was extremely awkward!

Some of the old officials gently coughed a couple times, but who knew if they were reminding Xuan Tian Ming or the Emperor. But looking at the father and son, they were both extremely reticent. They were competing with each other to see who could anger the people more. The Emperor even closed his eyes to get some rest, and it looked as though he had fallen asleep. Even the eunuch, Zhang Yuan, who was standing at his side averted his gaze. He did not want to pay any attention to them.

The eighth prince quietly snorted and repeated what he had said one more time. In the end, he asked: “Does ninth brother not think it is improper?”

Xuan Tian Ming finally reacted and said: “Improper? Un, it is indeed improper.” When the people heard this, there was an opening? But immediately following this, he said: “So what if it’s improper? This prince said that there are none.”

“How can there be none?” The officials lost it. “Hasn’t the military camp near the capital been producing steel the entire time?”

Xuan Tian Ming nodded, “It is producing steel, but everything that was produced was sent to the North for the battle, and a portion was sent to the East. There are none left in storage. The original thought was to produce another batch after the new year, but you collaborated and said that Imperial Daughter Ji An can no longer meddle with the matters of the court, to no longer allow her into the palace and to no longer allow her into the military camp. She isn’t even allowed to run Hundred Herb Hall. Now, this is great, she’s been chased out of the capital by you to return to her fief. The production of steel was Imperial Daughter Ji An’s contribution, and it has never been taught to anyone else before. Not to mention those blacksmiths, but even this prince does not know. It was always her that led the production. Now that she had been chased away by you guys, steel production has stopped. This prince was thinking of simply having them dispersed since they are a waste of supplies. Either way, there will no longer be any steel produced in the future.” He spread his hands and spoke very innocently.