812

The Sisters’ Secret Plan

Feng Yu Heng did not know what was inside those wooden boxes. Curious, she opened them to take a look. Alright, they were all banknotes.

Xuan Tian Ge, Fung Tian Yu and Ren Xi Fang were quite liberal in their spending, as each box had 100 thousand taels of banknotes. Ren Xi Feng took the initiative to say: “We sisters are not outsiders. There are some things that I will not hide from you and will speak openly about. I heard my father sigh quite a bit today about the instability of the situation in the South. On the day before yesterday, father revealed the truth to me and said that there will definitely be a battle in the South after the first month. It will also be a grueling battle. His Highness has received the troops in the South, and it stands to reason that he will be the one to handle it; however, this will leave His Highness the eighth prince in the capital. This is a lurking danger. Even if he is unable to establish a foundation in the capital, his former troops in the South will not listen to His Highness the ninth prince’s orders so easily. He does not dare to openly rebel, but what is to be feared is him taking action in secret. With 300 thousand troops, it’s hard to say how many spies there will be among them. The most important thing is that the eighth prince will definitely do something with the military supplies to cut off His Highness the ninth prince’s retreat path.”

Fung Tian Yu agreed, saying: “My father also did a similar analysis, and he had some secret reports from the South. This battle is most likely something that His Highness the eighth prince has already decided on with Gu Shu and the many small countries of the desert. All of it is for the sake of helping him ascend the throne.”

“Of course, if this battle is able to see ninth brother die, that would be best.” Xuan Tian Ge snorted coldly and said: “Such a grand ambition, I really don’t understand how I could have this sort of elder brother.” She said to Feng Yu Heng: “We talked about it beforehand. You aren’t lacking for anything here, and there isn’t much of an atmosphere to be created from us giving you something that girls would like. It would be better to just provide you with the money that we would personally use. We are clear that if ninth brother sets foot on the battlefield, it’s impossible for you to remain on the sidelines without a single care. It’s inevitable that you will end up taking care of the supply lines from the back. Take these banknotes. There will come a time to make use of them.”

Bai Fu Rong did not make a sound the entire time, nor did she bring out any money. It was only at this moment that she spoke up, as she said to Feng Yu Heng: “A-Heng, my family does not have that much money, but you don’t need to worry. I will definitely give some. My father and I have already come up with an answer, so just wait for the good news. A message will definitely be sent over within two days.”

Feng Yu Heng was puzzled and looked at the group in confusion: “What are you trying to do?” They didn’t learn from her and go out to commit robberies, right?

Xuan Tian Ge put on a smile, “We won’t tell you for the time being. Either way, just wait a couple days. The money to provide supplies for ninth’s brother’s army, we will think of a way to prepare some more. No matter what sort of waves eighth brother causes in the capital, as long as we have money, there is nothing to fear.”

Feng Yu Heng saw that there was nothing that she could do. The group firmly refused to speak, thus she could only helplessly remind them: “No matter what you guys are doing, you must be careful. Don’t do anything that is a threat to your own safety. Do you understand?”

Fung Tian Yu laughed so hard that her belly hurt: “Oh, what is there that’s dangerous about putting on a banquet!”

These words narrowly came out of her mouth, but she fell silent from being glared at by Xuan Tian Ge. She just covered her mouth and laughed. The group chatted and laughed for quite some time, and they even ate lunch at the imperial daughter’s manor. The food made by the chef from Refined Deity Building always caused the group to eat until they could no longer move. Xuan Tian Ge burped while saying: “A-Heng, if you’re going to your fief, you can’t possibly bring all of the manor’s servants, right? How about you give me this chef to be brought back to the palace! I definitely will not treat him poorly.”