882

I Beg You Just Kill Me, Too Fucking Frightening!

Xuan Tian Ming had always understood what it meant to “shock.” He never believed that just saying a few harsh words would have any true frightening effect. In the past, he had chosen to wave his whip around to kill people. Now, he chose to use the thing that he had that was the most powerful. It would have the greatest “shock” effect.

The grenade was tossed by Xi Fang. It traveled in a beautiful arc through the air with a trailing vapor tail.

The 300 thousand soldiers of the Southern Army watched as the so-called “heavenly lightning” travel through the air, and some subconsciously covered their ears; however, they were unwilling to retract their gazes. It was only when the heavenly lightning landed in the sand that it suddenly exploded, sending sand flying into the air. In that instant, it was as though millions of divine soldiers had leapt out, as the sky was filled with sand and dust.

Those that were far away saw one thing, but those that stood closer saw something different. When Xuan Tian Ming had assaulted the city on that first night, he did not bring the Southern Army. These people could only look in the direction of Sha Ping City. They could hear the booming sounds, and they could feel the ground faintly shake. There were even some that ran a bit to see the walls of Sha Ping City get flattened by the heavenly lightning.

Today, the heavenly lightning was clearly put on display for them. In that instant, the smart people realized a reality: With this sort of divine weapon, even if the ninth prince did not want the 300 thousand troops, attacking Gu Shu would definitely not require much effort. That was why there was no reason for them to be so damn arrogant! If they continued to be as contentious as they had been before, with just the military tally in his hand, he could remove them all from the army. This was completely different from when they had been recruited. They had said that even if the ninth prince came, without the 300 thousand of them, he could not accomplish anything. In order to oppose Gu Shu, they could not be missing. But now? The people saw clearly that the 300 thousand troops were not just unable to provide assistance, but they were a burden.

This was what the smart people thought. A portion of the group had people that were mentally slower, and they had their own thoughts. The heavenly lighting was too frightening. If they continued to oppose the ninth prince, he would not need to use much effort and could just toss a few of them into the crowd. An army of 300 thousand sounded quite large, but how many explosions would it take?

In summary, regardless of how people thought, Xuan Tian Ming had managed to shock these people with the heavenly lightning. He was very satisfied with the reactions; however, he still did not allow the Southern Army to go to Sha Ping. He just left them to guard the home territory to be kept for a more important mission in the future.

As for this more important mission, it was naturally a matter of supporting the rear. He left Xi Fang in the South to reorganize the military matters. At the same time, he chose a few talented people from the 300 thousand. Not only did the large army need a deputy general, but he was also thinking that when they took Jue Ping City, his people currently stationed in Sha Ping City would then move to Jue Ping City. After that, some people from the Southern Army would be pulled to guard Sha Ping City. With this movement, it would not be the case where they would take a city then have nobody to manage it.

Of course, he still could not trust the Southern Army completely. He repeatedly advised Xi Fang to remain vigilant. Only then did he bring his people back to Sha Ping City.