823

Grandparent and Grandchild Saving People

Feng Yu Heng did not give everyone a chance to feel shocked. Xuan Tian Ming’s military doctors were all people that she had sent over from Hundred Herb Hall. They were very clear on the medical methods that she often used. Now, they were able to immediately understand what their most important job was without needing Feng Yu Heng to say anything. They understood that they needed to clean up the soldiers while making sure that the wounds were exposed more cleanly.

There were a total of eight military doctors, and they rushed forward; however, there were priorities. There were a total of four severely injured soldiers, and three were taken care of by the most-skilled doctors. The one that had been injured the worst was left to Feng Yu Heng. The remaining five military doctors very naturally went to the tent on the left to take care of the lightly wounded.

Feng Yu Heng began taking care of the one that had nearly had his leg blown off while saying to the other three: “Use alcohol to clean the wounds first. Be careful not to actually touch the wound. It’s likely that the wounded won’t be able to handle the pain and will struggle. From there, the wounds will get even worse. After cleaning the body, I will come and administer an anesthetic. After the wounded have been partially anesthetized, begin cleaning up the affected areas. At the same time, you must pay attention to any small pieces that might have buried themselves into their flesh. They need to be carefully extracted using tweezers. Be thorough in your examination. There cannot be any left over.”

The pre-treatment care sounded simple, but it required extreme caution when handled. The bodies of the soldiers were practically completely covered in injuries. To make sure that the alcohol did not touch the wounds directly was too difficult. The doctors could only choose to avoid the areas that had been affected the most. As for the areas that had fewer wounds, they took care of cleaning those first.

These soldiers were also brave men. Knowing that their master was saving their lives, even if the pain was excruciating, everyone stopped screaming out in pain. They just gritted their teeth and endured. No matter what, they would not let out a single sound.

Once Feng Yu Heng began working, she immediately set aside all of her emotions. After all, in her previous life, she had been a military doctor. She was very familiar with the work to be done after this sort of battle. These were soldiers that she had trained, thus she had some feelings about it. In her previous life on the battlefield in the Middle East, most injured people that she had saved were in even worse condition. There were even some people who had their bellies cut open, and they themselves had to keep their innards from falling out.

She calmly took care of the preparation work while diving completely into the mindset of saving lives. She would just remind the military doctors from time to time about what would be done next. She also found some time to say to the soldiers: “Endure for a little bit right now. It will hurt a bit, but you must not lose consciousness. In a moment, when I administer the anesthetic to the wound, you will no longer feel the pain.”

The rescue work continued with great intensity, as a soldier, to try and divert their attention, took the initiative to ask: “Will master be leaving the capital tomorrow?”

Feng Yu Heng replied: “That’s right, but there’s no need to worry. When my grandfather arrives in a little bit, the two of us will definitely take care of your surgeries today. Even if I leave tomorrow, grandfather will still be here to keep an eye out. Nothing will happen.”

The soldier said: “With divine doctor Yao taking care of us, we will naturally be at ease. It’s just that master must be careful after leaving the capital. You must stay on guard.”