840

The Capital’s Newly Opened Thousand Herb Hall

The next morning, the prefect of Shu Zhou, Song Tian Qi, began a trial of the fat granny for kidnapping and selling the daughters of respectable families into prostitution. Feng Yu Heng, however, chose to avoid it, handing over all rights to the trial to Song Tian Qi.

Perhaps the eighth prince had indeed chosen this path to allow Feng Yu Heng to see it and give her a scare; however, who knew that Feng Yu Heng would actually use something like an open trial. The eighth prince assumed that Feng Yu Heng would definitely have the person killed in a bloody manner. Unfortunately, he did not understand this girl too well. To Feng Yu Heng, killing her would be the dumbest method.

The granny, the large men and the driver did not hide anything during this trial. Having suffered heavy punishments, they acknowledged that this was ordered by His Highness the eighth prince, and it was unrelated to His Highness the ninth prince. Song Tian Qi announced to the court that these people would be sent to the capital and handed over to the governor to be dealt with; however, the identities of the girls were kept secret. At the same time, the process and result of the trial were plastered all over the streets of Shu Zhou. As a part of Mei Province, they also arranged for people to visit their government office. Of course, they used Feng Yu Heng’s flag and had the Mei Province spread the word of the eighth prince’s guilt.

At the same time, the letters that were written to the families of these girls, Song Tian Qi’s wife, Liu shi, also verified that the daughter of a concubine from Peng Zhou was indeed her niece. Her name was Wu Fang Fei, and Liu shi personally wrote a letter to her younger sister. As long as the young miss was willing to act as a witness, Imperial Daughter Ji An would provide her with support in the future.

That daughter of a concubine gritted her teeth and agreed. Although admitting to being kidnapped was a very disgraceful matter and could result in never being able to get married, if she had the support of Imperial Daughter Ji An, everything would be different. As a member of an official’s family, she would have been able to hear at least a bit about the things of the capital. Imperial Daughter Ji An had His Highness the ninth prince and His Highness the seventh prince standing behind her. There were also His Highness the eldest prince and His Highness the second prince that got along with her. Even the Emperor would treat her like his own daughter. To have this sort of person as support, she would naturally be able to live a good life.

She agreed and went to tell the other girls about her decision. This young miss paid very close attention to this. Not only had she herself agreed to it, but she encouraged the other girls to also act as witnesses. Of course, these girls had not received any guarantees from Feng Yu Heng. Wu Fang Fei had just said to them: “If we had not met Imperial Daughter, we would still be in the hands of the criminals. We would have been sent to the South to become military prostitutes. At that time, not to mention our reputations, but even our family members would do everything possible to cleanly sever ties with us. For people like me, it’s even possible that someone would have been sent to kill me to keep the family from being humiliated. It could be said that our lives were saved by Imperial Daughter. Now, we’re just watching as those people slander His Highness the ninth prince. How can we just sit by and ignore it?”

She spoke with emotion and acted with reason, and this managed to convince half of the girls. The remaining girls could not bring themselves to make this decision. They were unwilling, and Wu Fang Fei did not insist. She just brought those that wished to act as witnesses to find Liu shi to await her instructions.

Very quickly, these girls were sent to the capital. Their families were informed that the governor in the capital had received them. Of course, Feng Yu Heng had also written a letter to Xu Jing Yuan, Xuan Tian Ming and Xuan Tian Hua, telling them about the situation that these girls were in. She also spoke about taking great care of Wu Fang Fei, especially when Wu Fang Fei’s family arrived in the capital. They had to settle them down. It must not be that the daughter agreed but the family would refuse.