887

A Different Method of Living

Once these words came out, Ji Ling Tian’s madam, Jiang shi, fainted in fear on the spot. A soldier stepped forward and checked her breathing then said: “She’s dead!”

Ji Ling Tian just felt a fishy-sweet taste surge up from his chest. Unable to hold it back, he opened his mouth, and a mouthful of blood spewed out.

Jiang shi’s corpse was carried away and thrown to the side. Ji Ling Tian kneeled on the ground and kowtowed repeatedly toward Xuan Tian Ming: “I beg Your Highness to spare my life. I beg Your Highness the ninth prince to spare this life!”

Xuan Tian Ming shook his head: “To be a traitor for old eighth by aiding a fake Imperial Daughter Ji An, Ji Ling Tian, this is a crime worthy of exterminating the entire family. Do not rush. Take your time on this path through the realm of the dead. This prince will quickly send along the young and old of your families.”

Ji Ling Tian coughed up another mouthful of blood! At this time, he really wanted to be like his wife and just die from the fear, but for some reason, he was particularly resilient today. He had coughed up two mouthfuls of blood in a row, but he still did not die. He did not even faint. He suddenly wondered if this might be the heavens punishing him. It was to have him clearly face his own death. He would need to face the grand mistakes that he had made.

In the end, he felt unreconciled. Even if he was to die, he needed to find someone to drag down to cushion his fall, right? This sort of thing could not be left for only his family to bear. was there not someone else that had also participated? He opened his eyes and pointed at Feng Jin Yuan: “Him! There’s also him! He is also guilty. Your Highness the ninth prince, why is he not also being killed?”

Xuan Tian Ming did not speak, but Feng Jin Yuan met Ji Ling Tian’s gaze and said: “There’s no need to compete with me. Although I am Imperial Daughter Ji An’s father, that daughter of mine has never spoken up for me. Based on my understanding of her, when it comes to this matter, she definitely has her own plans. Lord Ji, you go on ahead. I will definitely go down and accompany you. It’s just a matter of sooner or later. You won’t be suffering a loss.”

Ji Ling Tian had nothing to say. Feng Jin Yuan was Feng Yu Heng’s father. Speaking of, he was also the ninth prince’s father-in-law. Since he had already said such a thing, what more could he do? His Ji family could not compete with the Feng family, thus he lowered his head and accepted it.

Xuan Tian Ming did not delay. Raising his hand, a soldier immediately stepped forward to move Ji Ling Tian and the officer that had been scared witless to the side of Yao shi’s coffin. The backs of their knees were then kicked to drop them to their knees. Following this, two people stepped forward with their blades raised. Without saying a word, they cut at the backs of their necks.

Feng Jin Yuan watched as Ji Ling Tian’s head fell to the ground. The officer’s head even rolled a couple times, reaching his feet. He kicked it around a bit as though he was kicking his own future. Thinking about it, it would not be long. His end would also be like this, right? The ninth prince had never been lenient when it came to something like killing.

He pulled back his thoughts and did not continue to think about what was and was not. That was how people were. Once they were afraid of death, they would do all that they could to find bargaining chips to try and continue living. Once death had been taken lightly, whether or not you lived or not, that would not be too much significance. He had carried out Yao shi’s funeral with the thought that he would definitely die. Watching Yao shi get lowered into the grave, watching the soldiers fill the grave and watching the tombstone get placed, he then stepped forward and scattered the rest of the joss paper next to the grave. He then kneeled and kowtowed three times, marking the end of this matter.