888

Just Based on Your Memory, You Really Are Top Scholar Material

In truth, before the people had been captured, Xuan Tian Ming had wanted to leave Yao shi to Feng Yu Heng. As for Feng Jin Yuan, he would just take care of him directly; however, who knew that the one to die would be Yao shi. He was unable to take action against the remaining Feng Jin Yuan. Between a biological father and a biological mother, he had to leave one for that girl.

Originally, it had been arranged for Feng Jin Yuan to go and live in Sha Ping City, but Feng Jin Yuan did not want to live there and continued to persevere with living in the military camp. He also took the initiative in picking up a number of tasks in the camp. There would be times when the soldiers went to train, thus he went to Sha Ping City to help the citizens of Sha Ping City with some things. He had even done things like aid in the writing of menus for restaurants.

There were some soldiers that began a discussion. If this Mister Feng had not been so absolute with his decisions in the past and had been like this the entire time, Imperial Daughter would not dislike him. Unfortunate! He had placed himself in a dead end. Even if he turned around, he was too far from shore and could not get out.

Feng Jin Yuan’s good deeds did not continue for too long. The heat of the desert combined with the sunlight quickly caused him to suffer from heatstroke. During the day, it was practically impossible to go out, as he was vomiting. It also happened that Song Kang really despised him, persisting in refusing to treat him. Naturally, the other military doctors would listen to Song Kang, thus nobody paid any attention to Feng Jin Yuan. At most, they would only give him some tea to ease the heatstroke, but they did not provide him with any medicine.

Feng Jin Yuan also knew that he had been quite unlikeable, and he no longer had any intentions of continuing to survive. There was no need to argue about whether or not medicine would be used. He even repeatedly expressed his thanks to the soldiers that took care of him. There were times when he felt a bit better and would get up to dispose of the unclean elements to avoid troubling anyone else.

During the day, the heatstroke was difficult to endure, and when night rolled around, he would feel a little better. Feng Jin Yuan simply chose to sleep during the day and stay awake at night; however, he could not do anything. He could only sit on the bed in the camp while thinking about the past. He thought about the times when the people of the Feng manor were still alive. He even recalled the time before his marriage to Yao shi. At that time, the empress dowager, who was still alive at the time, had sent a present. Just how glorious had that been.

During that evening, Xuan Tian Ming made an unprecedented visit to Feng Jin Yuan’s tent. He was even holding two wine pots filled with wine. Feng Jin Yuan did not understand why he had come. Seeing Xuan Tian Ming hand one of the wine pots to him, he thought that it would be a poisoned drink to send him off. He could not help but smile bitterly and say: “Your Highness the ninth prince, even if you are about to kill someone, this is not the way to do it. Poisoned wine is too veiled. It’s not the method that Your Highness the ninth prince is most adept at.”

Xuan Tian Ming laughed and pulled a chair over to sit across from him, asking: “Then do tell, how should this prince kill people?”

Feng Jin Yuan said: “Grandly and magnificently, like with the death of Ji Ling Tian. It gives everyone a shock, unlike quietly sending a pot of wine. Speaking truthfully, when it comes to what I have done, poisoned wine is letting me off too easily. Thinking about it, Your Highness is doing it to allow A-Heng to save some face, right? As a father, I have never done anything that has favored her. Even right as I am about to die, it is that daughter that is helping me save face. I truly am too ashamed to meet the Feng family’s ancestors.”