993

What Exactly Is the Meaning of This?

This shout caused Feng Yuheng to immediately stand up and poke her upper body through the window. This scared Xuan Tiange into thinking that she was about to jump down, as she quickly pulled her back.

They then heard Feng Yuheng say: “It’s Zhang Yuan! It’s actually Zhang Yuan!” She could recognize this familiar voice. It was the eunuch who accompanied the Emperor at all times, Zhang Yuan. But instead of accompanying the old emperor in the Imperial Palace, he had come out to the execution site to stop the execution. What was the meaning of this? Was he coming to his rescue at the last second?

The observing official, Xu Jingyuan, was also unable to understand this. As someone who stood on old seventh and old ninth’s side, he really was all too eager to chop off the eighth prince’s head; however, who knew that just as the deed was about to be done, another hurdle appeared, and it just happened to be Zhang Yuan.

Xu Jingyuan felt his head swell. As the Emperor’s personal eunuch, once he spoke, that would be the same as the Emperor himself speaking. Intuition told him that he would not be able to execute this eighth prince.

While thinking, Zhang Yuan’s horse had already arrived. He did not immediately get down from his horse. Instead, he looked over at the living eighth prince and furrowed his brow. His appearance was not at all of someone who was happy that he was alive. On the contrary, there was a look of “did I come too early” on his face. Not only did he frown, but he also looked up at the sun then at a sundial to the side. Very well! He had come at the exact right moment. Why could he not have arrived a step later! If he had been a step later, the eighth prince would have been executed. How great would that be.

Zhang Yuan helplessly sighed and raised an imperial decree in his hand, saying to Xu Jingyuan: “His Majesty has made a decree. The eighth prince’s case will be re-tried. Would Lord Xu immediately send him back to the palace. His Majesty wishes to see him personally.”

Xu Jingyuan quickly stepped down from the observation stage and arrived in front of Zhang Yuan in confusion, asking: “Eunuch Yuan, what exactly is going on here? Things have already gotten to this point. Why is it being re-tried? Aren’t things already very clear?”

Zhang Yuan helplessly shook his head, “I also have the same feelings as Lord Xu, but this is indeed His Majesty’s intention.” He looked at Xu Jingyuan and got down from his horse. Walking a bit closer, he quietly said: “These days, because of the eighth prince’s matter, His Majesty has not been eating or drinking, and he has gotten significantly thinner. The night before last night, Talented Lady Liu came. For some reason, His Majesty met with her. The two spoke for a while, and there was nothing at first. But for some reason, His Majesty suddenly changed his mind just now and forcefully chased this servant out with this imperial decree. Lord Xu, let’s wait until we get into the palace to talk about it! Even if you ask me now, I am unable to say anything for certain.”

Xu Jingyuan received the imperial decree and stared at the jade seal imprinted on it. He felt extremely complicated. Yet it was at this time that Xuan Tianmo heard the conversation between the two and knew that Zhang Yuan’s imperial decree would save him. He could not help but laugh: “You see that! I already said it. I have lost, but you also will not win! As long as I do not die, there are a plethora of possible outcomes! Xu Jingyuan, go back and tell your master that the next one to be brought to the execution stage might be him! Hahaha!”

He laughed extremely loudly, and the sound echoed clearly. It was also quite filled with arrogance.

On the second floor of the teahouse, Feng Yuheng’s fists were tightly clenched, as she nearly shattered her teeth from gnashing them so hard. “Even this isn’t enough to get him killed? Why exactly is this?”