929

Cough Up What Is Owed to Me

Feng Yu Heng casually brought up another incident, causing Xuan Tian Mo to quickly kneel and begin kowtowing to the Emperor while saying in a panic: “Son is innocent. Would Father Emperor please not listen to that absurdity!”

Young girls all held grudges, and Feng Yu Heng added: “Could it be that what A-Heng said was wrong? Back then, it was eighth brother that brought a group of people to have me close Hundred Herb Hall. Now, it’s eighth brother telling Father Emperor to have me reopen Hundred Herb Hall. Throughout all of this, isn’t it you that has the most say?”

“Today, it was the citizens in the capital that are asking for it! It’s the citizens that are kneeling at the palace’s gates! Younger sister, do not mix up reality!” Xuan Tian Mo hated her so much that his teeth itched.

Yet it was at this time that the Emperor said: “The citizens pleading for it is just the citizens pleading for it. What are you proposing it for?”

Alright! He wanted to be a good person, but the result was that he simply was not viewed as a person. Knowing that there was no point in saying anything else, he just shut his mouth and lowered his head to accept his wrongdoing. However, he still shot a glare at Feng Yu Heng from the corner of his eyes, and this look was filled with hatred. Feng Yu Heng looked at it and felt that it made him look like a young wife who had suffered some grievances. How did this resemble a dignified prince?

The Emperor coldly looked at him for a while but did not say anything else. With a wave of his hand, he had him stand up then said to Feng Yu Heng: “A-Heng, just reopen Hundred Herb Hall! The capital no longer has a proper medical clinic, and it’s indeed not a good thing. Your Hundred Herb Hall was very good, and the citizens enjoyed it. Using medicine is also a form of kindness…” He spoke until this point then glanced at old eighth, saying: “We will just say this today. Regardless of who it is in the future, nobody has the right to say anything about or do anything to Hundred Herb Hall. This is not limited to the one in the capital. This applies to all of the Hundred Herb Halls in the entirety of Da Shun. There is also no right to blindly enter one. We recall that for the sake of allowing Hundred Herb Hall to be opened all over Da Shun, We also gave quite a large sum of money, right?”

He spoke to this point then turned to look at Zhang Yuan, thus Zhang Yuan quickly said: “Your Majesty is right. Money was provided, and it did not come from the national treasury. It was Your Majesty’s own money, thus it would be considered as being opened by Your Majesty and Imperial Daughter.”

“Un.” The Emperor nodded and said: “That’s it. To try and cause trouble for Hundred Herb Hall would be the same as trying to stir up trouble with Us! Old eighth, do you understand?”

Xuan Tian Mo felt his head begin to ache. It turned out that it was said for him? However, he did not dare argue with the Emperor and could only grit his teeth and say: “Father Emperor is right!”

“Then little Yuan! Just write up a decree! Send one to all of the zhou and prefectures. Tell the officials from those areas about the situation with Hundred Herb Hall. Just say that it was Us and Imperial Daughter Ji An… Oh, she’s now called Princess Yu. Just say that it was Us and Princess Yu that opened it together. Have them open their eyes!”

Feng Yu Heng was also a smart one, quickly saying: “Hundred Herb Hall’s finances are reported to the capital each month. A-Heng will bring the journals over later for Father Emperor to take a look. Although Hundred Herb Hall is mostly just a public service and does not hope to make too much profit, there is still some profit.”