802

Your Sis Is Just a Local Despot

Bai Fu Rong told Feng Yu Heng that she wanted to return to the Bai manor. After all, that was her home. Now that she had completely recovered, she could not continue to cause trouble in the imperial daughter’s manor.

This was within Feng Yu Heng’s expectations, and she did not move to stop her. First, Fu Rong returning home was a very normal matter. Second, she was also preparing to leave the capital for Ji An County, and she had no time to concern herself with this side. She just said to Bai Fu Rong: “You can go home. Have Craftsman Bai also leave the palace! The investigation in the palace has continued until this point, and nothing has been found. You two have not lived together for a long time and should think about enjoying some happiness with family.”

The matter was settled in this manner, and Wang Chuan personally sent Bai Fu Rong back to the Bai manor that evening. As for Craftsman Bai, he received the news and left the imperial palace the next day. The father and daughter pair were able to celebrate a happy new year.

Feng Yu Heng had been thinking of going to the Wen Xuan Palace with Zi Rui on the third day of the new year. In any case, they needed to go and pay Lord and Princess Wen Xuan a new year’s greeting. The gifts had also been prepared, but she changed her mind when the gifts were being loaded into the carriage. She had the driver remove all of the gifts. She would not be going.

Wang Chuan and Huang Quan were puzzled, asking her: “Young miss, what is it?” Even Zi Rui curiously furrowed his brow.

Feng Yu Heng wrapped her arm around Zi Rui’s shoulder and helplessly said: “We’re not going. Since the days of the late emperor, Lord Wen Xuan has not paid much attention to the matters of the court to avoid danger. Now, he is even more distant from those affairs. Now that I have caused such a stir with the officials of the eighth prince’s faction, it would be best to avoid causing trouble for the lord and the princess.” While speaking, she apologetically patted Zi Rui’s shoulder and continued: “Zi Rui, look, these sorts of problems will arise in the capital. Elder sister must constantly be overly-cautious when just taking you out. This is also quite lacking in righteousness. But there’s nothing that can be done about it. We aren’t afraid; however, we can’t cause trouble for the people that treat us well. What do you say?”

Zi Rui nodded, “I understand what elder sister is saying. During that day’s banquet, Zi Rui was also present and saw everything clearly. But Zi Rui is too small, and my words carry no weight. In that sort of situation, there was nothing that I could do to speak up for elder sister for fear of causing people to say that elder sister did not do a good job of educating Zi Rui.”

Feng Yu Heng laughed and sighed that such a small child already understood so much. When the children of other families matured early, they would feel happy; however, she felt a bit saddened. To her, Zi Rui was still an elementary-school-aged child. He should be in the years where he would be the most lively and playful. When he had time, he should have gone out to play more with other children and look at the snowy mountains in winter, the green grass of spring and the beautiful sun during summer. However, nothing could be done about the situation and position. Even if this child could be sent to Xiao Zhou to study, there was no other choice.

She asked Zi Rui: “Do you blame your elder sister?”

Zi Rui was puzzled, “Why would I blame elder sister? Elder sister is so great. Zi Rui loves elder sister so much. How could I possibly blame you?”

Feng Yu Heng brought him into her room, and the two were seated. Drinking the tea brought in by the servants, she finally continued: “We’re currently still in the middle of celebrating the new year. Normally speaking, I should be bringing you to walk around to visit the other families. We should also be going next door to spend time with grandfather. But look, the days are continuing to pass, and it’s all been compressed into these few days. It always feels as though there’s not enough time to get things done. In just the blink of an eye, it’s the third day of the new year; however, we have not gone anywhere.”