983

Coming Up With a Good Idea for You

In the Yu Palace, Wang Chuan spoke with Feng Yuheng about the happenings in the Zhu family. Feng Yuheng listened to it very happily and interjected from time to time with her own thoughts.

Huang Quan was unable to hold back from the side: “Young miss, is there a bit of a feeling of having returned to the Feng family?”

She shrugged: “There is a bit of that feeling, but the lowly Zhu manor is truly too lacking when compared to the previous left prime minister’s Feng family. To the eighth prince, they’re just ants. If he wanted to crush them, that really would be something that could be done quite easily. If I was the sixth-rank master Zhu, I would grab a hold of Zhu Kongshan’s leg. What head madam, what daughter of the first wife, recognizing the situation is what’s most important. Regardless of what happens in the future, at the very least, the current eighth prince still has power, and it would not be a loss for the Zhu family.”

“Unfortunately, Zhu Xinjie is the same as the late Feng Jinyuan. He’s completely incapable of realizing this point.” Wang Chuan apathetically said: “The Liu family is also ferocious, having Liu shi strangled so frankly. There wasn’t the slightest consideration given to their shared origins.”

“This is the grief of daughters of concubines.” Feng Yuheng said: “Concubines must share with the head wife, and they exist to fight for the husband. This sort of existence is destined to be disliked by others. It’s natural that their children will not have any standing to speak. The only way to stop children from being born of concubines is to stop men from taking in concubines.”

“How could that be possible!” Huang Quan shouted, “Where are there any men who don’t take concubines?”

Wang Chuan shot a glare at her, reminding her: “How are there none? Our prince is one who will not take a concubine.”

“That’s because our young miss is too good.” Huang Quan spoke with reason, “A second of our young miss does not exist in this world. That’s why our lord does not take one.”

“That does not appear to be the case!” Feng Yuheng rubbed her face, “What if there comes a day when I get old?”

“Young miss, don’t worry. Our lord appears even older than you.” Wang Chuan analyzed things seriously, “He’s that much older than you. When it comes to aging, he will be the first to appear old.”

Feng Yuheng felt that these words were too comforting, as she happily pulled out a piece of chocolate to reward Wang Chuan. Wang Chuan could not endure the envious little gaze from Huang Quan and quietly gave her half.

Recently, Zhu Kongshan had continued to perform good deeds in the northern part of the city during the day. At night, she would wait for Xuan Tianmo to have sex. There were times when she felt as though she was a prostitute who had to pay instead of getting paid. Not only would she be called to sleep with him in the name of love, but she would also need to turn around and do hard work for him.

But this work could not continue for much longer. Recently, fewer and fewer people had been going to hand out congee. With her occasionally leaking the disdain that Xuan Tianmo felt towards those officials’ families, those people no longer wanted to come over. Even the congee stalls were removed.

As for the people in the northern part of the city, they were rather kind. They all knew that money did not come as easily as the wind blew. From the beginning of winter to the start of the year, it had been over two months*. Nobody could possibly give away large amounts of their own family’s grains. That was why they did not cause a fuss when the families of the officials pulled out. In addition to this, Zhu Kongshan continued her work. At the very least, they would be able to get one meal each day.