893

This Grandaunty Attacked Jue Ping City Because I Had a Dream

Without any suspense, Gu Shu’s second city from the North had its city wall and gate flattened by Da Shun’s heavenly lightning. When Bi Xiu brought his soldiers to the entrance, what they saw was a city gate with a large hole in the middle. There was also a partially collapsed city wall.

Through the hole in the gate, he saw a male and a female at the front of the army sitting atop their own camels. The male wore purple robes and was the ninth prince of Da Shun, Xuan Tian Ming. As for the girl with a white dress at his side, he was not unfamiliar with her. Although he had never met her before, he had seen her image many times. It was none other than the ninth prince’s future princess, Imperial Daughter Ji An, Feng Yu Heng.

Bi Xiu hated the two so much that his teeth itched. He especially hated Feng Yu Heng. A girl that did not obediently stay at home to embroider actually went with a man in the middle of the night onto a battlefield. They had also beaten Gu Shu so brutally. Losing to Xuan Tian Ming was not a disgrace, but losing to his wife was far more disgraceful.

Feng Yu Heng’s appearance on the battlefield was a humiliation to all of Gu Shu’s soldiers, but faced with this humiliation, they did not dare to rush forward to attack. This was especially the case after the people of Gu Shu saw Feng Yu Heng holding a strange thing. The steps that they had wanted to take to forward were pulled back even further. They all remembered that the people of Da Shun had used similar things to strike down their comrades that had been standing atop the walls. The majority of them had holes in their foreheads, and the thing that had been dug out was actually something that could not have its original form accurately determined.

The city’s gate had been blown up, opening up a large hole. Through this, the inside and outside were connected. The people inside the city trembled with fear. Regardless of how much General Bi Xiu called the people to move and defend, there was not a single person that wished to step forward. Outside the City, Xuan Tian Ming’s army was in high spirits. The soldiers on that side did not care about whether or not there was any shame in having a girl on the battlefield. They had already become accustomed to it. Even these weapons had been provided by her. Moreover, could Imperial Daughter Ji An be compared to a normal girl? In the hearts of these soldiers, their Imperial Daughter Ji An, their princess, was a heavenly deity! Having a deity help in a battle, what was shameful about that?!

Xuan Tian Ming pointed at the large hole in the gate and said to his wife: “Blow it up a few more times. Make it a bit bigger. That way, when we charge in, we won’t be so cramped.”

Feng Yu Heng nodded, “Just directly destroy the main gate! Forget about the walls. Don’t continue blowing that up. That will save us the effort of repairing it later. Jue Ping City is far. It will be difficult for us to transport building materials from Lan Zhou.”

These words that were said without regard for anyone else made it seem as though Jue Ping City had already been conquered. It completely ignored the existence of Gu Shu’s army inside the city. For the two, this interaction was very natural. With these powerful weapons, and with His Highness the ninth prince and Imperial Daughter Ji An working together, not to mention a measly Jue Ping City, but even directly launching an attack on the capital would be a very easy thing to do.

Gu Shu’s General Bi Xiu had drank some wine. Although he had been sobered up slightly by the exploding heavenly lightning, he was still a bit affected by the alcohol. The more he looked at Feng Yu Heng, who was dressed in white, the angrier he became. He could not help but mutter through gritted teeth: “Being in such a hurry to put on white clothes, are they performing a funeral for our Gu Shu?”