938

Who Is Tricking Whom Has Yet to Be Determined

Liu Huai’s madam had always been someone with a short temper. Not only did she have a short temper, but many of her opinions were different from Liu Huai’s. For example, she currently cursed: “Liu Huai! Don’t think that I don’t know why they sent those things to the manor? Isn’t it just because you offended the ninth prince and Imperial Daughter Ji An? What exactly is growing in your head? Everyone in the world knows that the ninth prince must not be offended. Why is it that you alone are stepping forward? Are you the only one with ability? Now, things are good. They’ve sent joss paper to our home, and you ordered the servants to burn it to make food. Even if you’ve had enough of living, this old woman still wants to live for a few more years!”

Li shi was like a shrew once she began cursing, but the things that she said were very reasonable. Indeed, the entire world knew that the ninth prince of hell must not be offended, yet Liu Huai had tried to go and cause trouble for his wife the previous day. Liu Huai understood the reasoning behind what Li shi had said, but it did not mean that he could tolerate being cursed at like this. Faced with the bold Li shi, Liu Huai raised his hand and slapped her across the face. This strike nearly knocked her over, and he loudly said: “Woman, what do you know?”

“You hit me?” Li shi glared at him, “I didn’t do anything! Didn’t you just want to help the eighth prince? I’m telling you that that person doesn’t have any hope! It would be best if you gave up on that and peacefully lived your life. Also, that younger sister of yours in the palace has not made a single contribution to this family in over 20 years. Now that she’s about to die, she wants to cause harm to the Liu family once more?”

Liu Huai was completely furious. Pointing at Li shi, he said while trembling: “Scram! Get out!”

That night, the Liu family had become a complete mess. Apparently, the two were still fighting in the middle of the night! But in the Yu Palace, it was very joyous and peaceful. For once, the big, bad wolf did not want to eat meat, and the two just went to sleep. It was very warm and sweet, and he did not even want to get up when it was time to go to court.

But court still needed to be attended, and this included Feng Yu Heng. After waking up, she prepared to head into the palace. Ban Zou relayed word of the funny scenes that had played out in the Liu manor the previous night. She laughed quite happily upon hearing about it, and she did not forget to tell Wang Chuan: “For Lady Zhou to take the initiative to go with you was for the sake of providing you with some support. You need to remember to thank her.”

Wang Chuan nodded, “Young Miss, don’t worry. This servant understands.” As she spoke, Huang Quan had brought in breakfast. Wang Chuan helped fill a bowl with some congee then continued: “It’s already past Mid-Autumn, but the palace did not arrange a banquet, which has made things far more tranquil. It’s just a pity that the young misses that had hoped to attract some attention would lose an opportunity.”

Huang Quan snorted coldly and said: “As I see it, not having a banquet is best. Which palace banquet has been without incident? There are always people going in and trying to cause trouble. There hasn’t been a single peaceful outing. Especially that time on the first day of the new year. His Majesty is most likely still annoyed with that incident, thus he did not make arrangements for a Mid-Autumn Festival.”

Feng Yu Heng did not participate in the conversation between the two servants about the banquets. They had returned to the capital at the beginning of the eighth month, and it was now about to be the ninth month. The days were getting colder, while only the sun’s rays during the middle of the day were still hot. She had heard Xuan Tian Ming talk about the reason that the Emperor had not made arrangements for a banquet. Everyone had all kinds of speculation, but the truth was actually very simple. It was all because Imperial Concubine Yun had permitted him to visit Winter Moon Palace three times a day. That was why he had thought of spending the Mid-Autumn Festival with Imperial Concubine Yun. If a banquet was to be held, Imperial Concubine Yun definitely would not leave Winter Moon Palace. He had not celebrated the Mid-Autumn Festival with Imperial Concubine Yun for many years. This year, he had finally managed to get a chance. How could he possibly miss out on it? This was not all. Not only did he not arrange for a Mid-Autumn Festival, but he also did not even allow the children to enter the palace.