940

Demanding a Kidney From Your Liu Family

The next day in court, Xuan Tian Ming brought up Feng Yu Heng’s request. Liu Huai was very surprised, even feeling that this was definitely some trap that the ninth prince and Feng Yu Heng had planned together to wait for the Liu family to fall into it. The Emperor, however, was very supportive of this. He even told Liu Huai that there was no need to return home. Someone from the palace would go and visit the Liu manor to tell them. Anyone that was related to the Liu family would be quickly invited into the palace.

Liu Huai partially covered his face with the wide sleeve of his court clothes and secretly moved to the eighth prince’s side, but he found that Xuan Tian Mo’s expression remained unchanged. There was not the slightest change in emotion from this matter. Liu Huai faintly sighed to himself. This eighth prince had always been like this. He very rarely got angry in front of others, and he very rarely expressed his true thoughts in front of others. Regardless of what he was thinking, it was very hard to tell based on his expression. Moreover, the eighth prince seemed to have been taking the path of family relations, as he was very concerned with the Emperor’s wellbeing, such that he paid more attention to that than the competition for the throne. Those that did not know much believe that this was a very filial prince with no aspirations for the throne; however, they did not know that this person was not remaining idle in the shadows.

Liu Huai could not leave the palace and could only watch as Zhang Yuan immediately left for his home with this imperial decree. After court was dismissed, he followed the Emperor and went directly to An Ju Palace.

Concubine Liu was quite well today. Feng Yu Heng had come over early in the morning and had given her medicine. Under the influence of the Western medicine, she could manage to sit up in bed. Though her complexion was still quite poor, she was at least able to say a few words, and she looked much better than in the previous days.

When Liu Huai saw his younger sister like this, he could not help but begin to feel some hope inside. Concubine Liu’s illness was something that he had asked every imperial physician about, and they had all reached the same conclusion. She could not be saved. The reason that Feng Yu Heng had been called in was really to trap her and have her treat a patient that could not be saved. With that happening, he would work with the other officials to do what had been done with the Yao family many years earlier. Concubine Liu could not be saved. This was something that even the eighth prince had guaranteed. Why was it that there now seemed to be a bit of recovery?

Some sweat appeared on Liu Huai’s brow. Staring at Concubine Liu, it seemed as though he wanted to try and find some sort of clue from her body. Or was she forcefully enduring it for all to see?

Concubine Liu noticed that her elder brother had been staring at her the entire time and could not help but feel emotional, saying: “I’ve truly made elder brother worried this past little while. This One has not been able to help the family much over the years. Now, I’ve fallen ill and still need to have elder brother help out. I truly feel apologetic.”

Liu Huai quickly said: “Please do not speak like such an outsider. Regardless of what is said, this official hopes that Your Highness can quickly recover.”

“Elder brother, don’t worry.” Concubine Liu consoled him: “This One’s illness cannot be treated by anyone in the palace, but through Princess Yu’s miraculous abilities, my health has already started to improve. Also, Princess Yu has said that as long as the Liu family can cooperate, this One’s illness can definitely be cured.” After saying this, she verified it with Feng Yu Heng: “That’s true, right?”