884

Yao shi Passes

It was a rare moment of clarity for Yao shi; however, it caused Fu Ya’s face to turn a bit red. She had always believed that Yao shi was muddled and was a bit demented, thus she brazenly acted as her daughter and enjoyed the motherly love that should have belonged to Feng Yu Heng. But it was only just recently that she found out that Yao shi was not actually demented in the slightest. It was just that she chose to avoid certain things and did not want to admit. This was what caused today’s situation.

Yao shi pushed Fu Ya onto a water container to the side to have her climb onto the wall. She was a little reluctant, as she reached out to try and grab Yao shi: “Madam, let’s leave together! In the current situation, if you stay behind, it’s most likely that there won’t be a good outcome. You and Feng Jin Yuan are no longer a married couple. There’s no need to throw yourself away for the sake of the Feng family. Madam, don’t worry. Fu Ya definitely will not drag you down. Let’s leave this Feng residence first. After that, you can go and find the ninth prince. He is the imperial daughter’s fiance. No matter what, he should not trouble the imperial daughter’s mother.”

Fu Ya desperately pleaded, and there were some true feelings attached. It was just that there was also a hope that Yao shi could bring her to Xuan Tian Ming. Like that, she might have another way out.

But Yao shi shook her head, as a look of anger slowly appeared on her face, saying: “I won’t leave. Although I have not been part of the Feng family for a long time, the end result today was partially caused by me. If it was not for me being so insistent on acting recklessly, we could not have possibly come to the South. One must atone for one’s own crimes. I must bear the burden of this bad ending caused by my own decisions. Quickly go! Even if you are not my daughter, in any case, you have an appearance that is the same as my daughter. I do not wish to drag you into this. Be a good child and go. In the future, stay far away from the quarrels of the court. Find a place and live a good life. Don’t dive back into these muddy waters. Do you understand? Quickly leave!”

As she spoke, she moved to push Fu Ya’s foot; however, it was at this time that some shouting and urgent footsteps could be heard approaching. Yao shi turned back in horror and saw that Ji Ling Tian had already brought the officers into the backyard. Aside from government officers, there were also people who looked like soldiers. With a cold demeanor, they looked at Fu Ya, who had climbed onto the wall and loudly said: “Don’t let her escape! Capture her!”

This shout completely frightened Yao shi. Without any concern for anything else, she quickly gave Fu Ya a strong push and said: “Quickly! Quickly jump down. I can still hold on here for a while. Run quickly!”

Fu Ya could not concern herself with anything else. She could not make Yao shi move, and the pursuing soldiers had already reached her. Ji Ling Tian had a murderous look on his face, and even Feng Jin Yuan had been arrested by the people that he had brought. If she did not run now, she would be giving up on life.

Fu Ya gritted her teeth and leapt down from the wall. Yao shi watched her escape, as tears began to pour out. Although she clearly knew that was not her daughter, that face was exactly the same.

She turned around and looked at the soldiers that had rushed over. Spreading her arms, she was like an old hen protecting her young. She then loudly said: “Nobody can hurt my daughter! If you want to settle a debt, Feng Jin Yuan and I are both here. My daughter is innocent!”

The soldiers were boorish. How could they possibly care about such things. They only knew that they had originally been guards for the prefect’s manor, but it was because this family of three had come to Lan Zhou with a fake imperial daughter that their Lord Ji bought in. It was this that left the prefect’s manor in a bad position. They had been locked up inside the manor for a number of days and had been accumulating anger that could not be vented. Hearing that they would be capturing the fake imperial daughter’s family, they were rubbing their hands in anticipation.