895

Hundred Herb Fragrance

No matter how strong and unreasonable the civilians were, they could not endure an actual suppression by the military. Xuan Tian Ming’s side did not even touch a single hair on them. It was left to He Gan, as he directed the Divine Archery Group to shoot toward the sky for a while. The civilians that had gathered around to cause a commotion and refuse to cede an inch of Gu Shu’s territory became frightened. Nobody dared to step forward, and they closed their mouths. The cleavers and axes were also put down, as they withered away and returned to their own homes.

Feng Yu Heng snorted coldly: “Spineless.”

Xuan Tian Ming had already begun directing the soldiers to have the entrance of the government office cleaned up. The front yard would be a court, and the backyard would be used as a residence. Once again, the army left through the southern gate and set up camp outside the city. They prepared to fight off the heat that would quickly be assaulting them.

They moved very quickly and proficiently because they had gained experience from Sha Ping City. They all knew roughly how long it would take for the heat to overwhelm their bodies. They would do their best to finish everything that needed to be accomplished within half a day.

Their expectations were correct. During that evening, Jue Ping City caused even more people to collapse than the heat in Sha Ping City. The majority of them were soldiers that had come from Qian Zhou. Fortunately, Feng Yu Heng was present this time. From a psychological perspective, it was far more comforting than the previous time. They were not particularly afraid. They all knew that regardless of how severe the illness, Imperial Daughter Ji An could cure them. They just needed to wait a bit.

Of course, Feng Yu Heng did not disappoint. Before moving into the government office, she brought Song Kang’s group of military doctors to the military camp to the South. Inside the city, things were left to Xuan Tian Ming and the soldiers who were still in good health. When she arrived in the military camp, the sun had not yet gone down. There was a certain time difference between the desert and the lands in Da Shun. Feng Yu Heng figured that it was around a two-hour difference. The sun went down relatively late, and the day was much longer than the night.

The soldiers setting up camp immediately set up a medical tent after setting up the general’s tent. Feng Yu Heng went inside the medical tent first to bring out all of the necessities before calling in Song Kang and the others. Everyone was provided with more medicine. There was Chinese medicine and Western medicine. They were told make use of it to treat the patients by severity. As for themselves, they would go around to the various tents with the sick soldiers and set up infusions for them. At the same time, diarrhea medicine was handed out. Fearing that the soldiers would be unable to become accustomed to the food in the area, as well as the heat being unbearable, one could easily come down with diarrhea.

With Feng Yu Heng present, the symptoms affecting the soldiers in the military camp were quickly contained. There was no need for Xuan Tian Ming to worry about it. It was just that inside Jue Ping City, the civilians continued to remain resistant to Da Shun’s governance. They did not cause a commotion, and they returned to their regular lives in the city; however, they used a different method to express their opposition to Da Shun, for example: “This fragrance will only be sold to people of Gu Shu. The facial creams here will only be sold to people of Gu Shu. If you Da Shun people want to come into our shops, I won’t stop you, nor do I dare to stop you, but these things belong to me. I have the right to choose whether or not I will sell it to you.”