821

Don’t Forget About the Gift to Suppress This Imperial Daughter’s Shock

The eighth prince, Xuan Tian Mo, had not returned to the capital for a few years. Upon returning, he was hit, yet it was the commoners that hit him.

But he knew that he could not strike back at this time. Because of Feng Yu Heng closing Hundred Herb Hall, they had been angered. If he was to take action against the commoners at this time, it might cause a bigger commotion. That was not a matter that he could easily resolve.

He sat on the horse and dodged back and forth; however, there were too many commoners. The things that they threw were also quite varied. There were even old ladies that removed their foot-binding cloth. The guard had already been reduced to holding his head while cowering on the ground. He hastily leaped off of his horse and tried to hide behind the horse; however, the horse was frightened by the people and raised its legs, nearly trampling him to death.

Xuan Tian Mo nearly coughed up blood. Looking over, he saw that Feng Yu Heng’s group had already stood up. They were standing to the side and were not too far away; however, they were completely fine. The things thrown by the commoners had not touched them in the slightest. Xuan Tian Mo was frustrated and simply stood at Feng Yu Heng’s side. It just so happened that a head of lettuce that had been thrown also made its way over. Xuan Tian Mo took a look then subconsciously dodged behind Feng Yu Heng. At this time, Feng Yu Heng just happened to see Xu Jing Yuan rushing over from the other side of the street. She smirked and did not dodge, allowing the lettuce to smack her in the face.

When Xu Jing Yuan arrived, he just happened to see the eighth prince dodge behind Feng Yu Heng, as a head of lettuce hit Feng Yu Heng’s head and scattered her hair. Her jade hairpin broke, and she had a very sorry appearance.

At this time, a commoner loudly shouted: “How come His Highness the eighth prince isn’t even as good as a guard? The guard at least knows to endure it himself; however, you went to hide behind a girl. Could it be that the eighth prince of Da Shun only has this bit of courage? Only has this bit of tolerance?”

“That’s right! Hiding behind a girl, this sort of person really is worthless!”

“Right! Worthless! Worthless! Worthless!”

These repeated loud shouts caused Feng Yu Heng to nearly end up with an internal injury from holding back her laughter. Xuan Tian Mo also nearly ended up with an internal injury from the anger. Standing behind Feng Yu Heng, he coldly said: “Is this younger sister’s method?”

Feng Yu Heng covered her mouth and smiled: “Good match, good match!”

“Hmph!” Xuan Tian Mo walked out from behind her then looked toward Xu Jing Yuan and asked with a cold tone: “Governor, you really came at a good time.”

Xu Jing Yuan bowed in salute: “Preserving the peace of the capital is this official’s responsibility. Naturally, I need to make an appearance when it’s required.”

Xuan Tian Mo really wanted to ask: Then why did you not come out when these commoners were causing a commotion? But when he looked toward the commoners, there were at least a few hundred and upwards of a thousand. If they were all treated as ruffians, the prison would not be able to hold all of them!

He was feeling dejected, but he very quickly made a decision. Xuan Tian Mo understood very well that he had to obtain the hearts of the commoners first to obtain this world. Even if he could not obtain their hearts for quite some time, at the very least, he could not lose them too much. If he continued to grit his teeth and try to save face here and preserve his prestige as a prince, he would be offending nearly a thousand commoners. He could not take this risk.