915

It Won’t Bring Retribution, Right?

Xuan Tian Ming and Feng Yu Heng’s first night was concluded in this unique manner. Feng Yu Heng thought that this should be the most unique first night in the world, right?

The two found a quiet place next to the lake and sat down. From a distance, they could see the soldiers continue with tidying up the crops that had been planted in the oasis. Gradually, more and more citizens joined in. They chatted and laughed, and it did not feel as though a battle had just ended, nor did it feel as though this city had just changed owners.

The people were careful to avoid where they were sitting, giving the two plenty of space to speak. As for Feng Yu Heng, she did indeed have plenty that she wanted to say to Xuan Tian Ming. For example, there had been something that had been bothering over the past few days: “Normally speaking, when both parents die, as a child, I should need to remain in mourning for three years. Even if they were not close to me, there was still a blood relation. You came too suddenly that day, and it definitely would not have been fine if I did not get in that wedding sedan in that situation. After reaching Sha Ping City, I found that there were so many people that had specifically come for this, thus it was difficult to bring this matter up. But this remains a knot in my heart… Xuan Tian Ming, say, will this incur retribution?”

Xuan Tian Ming shook his head and said with certainty: “It won’t. Because having you get married on the day of your coming of age was Feng Jin Yuan’s last wish. Before you came, he spoke to me about this matter. Since he himself said it, we should honor our elder’s wishes! Don’t think about it too much.”

Falling silent, Feng Yu Heng nodded and curled up in his embrace. It was just that she did not fully believe Xuan Tian Ming’s words, but since he had said this, she would listen. Either way, they had already gotten married, and ever since she had come to this world, she had never even come close to being filial. Regardless of whether or not Feng Jin Yuan wanted it, she was the daughter that was most-disliked in the Feng family. Thinking about it more broadly, she was not the original owner of this body. Why bother with annoying herself?

Feng Yu Heng’s guess was correct. What part of it was Feng Jin Yuan’s last wish? It was all just made up. In truth, Feng Jin Yuan had indeed changed at that time, but he was only focused on lamenting what could have been if he had not been foolish. How great the Feng family would have been; however, he never mentioned Feng Yu Heng’s wedding. As for the reason that he had said this, most of them were selfish. Ever since this girl had met him, she had never enjoyed a day of happiness. Not to mention the intrigue that had occurred, but the situation in the court was also not easy. He had been thinking that he would take care of the situation in the South on his own; however, in the end, she was still dragged onto the battlefield. He hoped that this girl would marry him sooner and marry into the Yu Palace. He would only feel at ease once he could see her every day.

Reaching out, he pulled her tight and gently said: “When this area has settled down a bit, we will return to Sha Ping City to offer sacrifices. No matter how it’s said, we’ve gotten married. We should go and greet them.”

Feng Yu Heng grunted then thought for a bit before saying: “Let’s also bring along Zi Rui! I still haven’t told him about Yao shi’s matter. That child was a bit closer with mother than I. Although Yao shi did not recognize me, she still recognized him.” It was said like this, but the meaning was that she was not the original soul in this body, but Zi Rui was the proper son. The son needed to go and visit the grave to burn some joss paper. Did the ancient people not pay extra attention to these things? Who knew if joss paper burned by a stand-in daughter like her would truly reach the person?