832

The Fake Imperial Daughter in the South

Feng Jin Yuan had been the left prime minister for over a decade. That sort of feeling of superiority had already taken root in his heart, and it could not be so easily cleared out. The reason that he had been so muddled in the capital was a result of suddenly losing all of his glory, and he was unable to accept it so quickly. Also having his crown jewels cut off by Yao shi, it led to him feeling resigned and hopeless, and he had lost his former confidence.

He had thought that he would live out the remainder of his life in this way, without another chance to hold his head high. It was not as though he had never thought of making a comeback, and he had even thought of supporting the fifth prince and using Feng Fen Dai’s relation to plan for the Feng family’s future. But at that time, he had no money and no power. Even if he wanted to provide support, it would be looked down upon. Gradually, he gave up on these ideas.

But he always felt unreconciled. That was why he immediately accepted when Noble Lady Yuan’s people approached him and brought up having him bring Yao shi to the South. They would provide Fu Ya assistance in playing the part of a fake Imperial Daughter Ji An and provide the eighth prince with some more influence. He was promised that he would be returned to the position of left prime minister after the eighth prince ascended the throne. Having his position restored had always been his dream.

Ever since coming to the South, everything had been as Noble Lady Yuan had initially promised. The people there had helped arrange a courtyard for him. Although it was not as magnificent as the former Feng manor in the capital, Lan Zhou was quite a wealthy place. The residence had servants, and although there were not as many as in the old Feng manor, there were enough. Someone had also placed a sufficient amount of money in the storage, and they had prepared accessories for Yao shi and Fu Ya. There was also no shortage of clothing and socks for him. Even the tea that had been prepared for the study was the plain tea that he had gotten accustomed to drinking in the old Feng manor. Who knew where information on his tastes had come from.

For an instant, Feng Jin Yuan was given a wrong impression. He thought that everything had returned to the beginning, and he thought that he had returned to a time from many years ago. That feeling of confidence that had been lost for a long time had been rediscovered. His stature as the left prime minister had also been found.

Ji Ling Tian was a very crafty person and understood very well how to cater to a person’s tastes. He would say whatever Feng Jin Yuan liked to hear, and he would send whatever he liked to eat. He even thought about picking some things that had been sent from the small countries in the South to be sent into the residence. This allowed the slightly tranquil residence to instantly appear more lively. It was just that his wife, Jiang shi, reminded him that Yao shi might not like it. This matter had been temporarily avoided. It was just that after Feng Jin Yuan heard it, he had always been yearning for it and would occasionally secretly ask Ji Ling Tian about it.

In regards to Fu Ya’s identity, the outsiders did not know, but both Ji Ling Tian and his wife, Jiang shi, knew clearly, as they were people trusted by the eighth prince. Jiang shi was very clear, as she had once interacted with Feng Yu Heng, and she was able to gain a bit of an understanding of Feng Yu Heng’s personality. At this time, she was quietly whispering, and the main point was about where Fu Ya’s acting was currently different and where improvements could be made.

Yao shi’s mental state was actually a bit muddled. Although it could not be seen in other areas, when it came to the matter of her daughter, she still firmly believed that Fu Ya was her daughter. That was why she immediately corrected Jiang shi: “This is what our A-Heng was originally like. The one in the capital is the fake. I gave birth to my daughter. I know very well. Our A-Heng does not need to change. She is just like she is now.”