Chapter 2 Set Your Heart Ablaze

~Dream~
"Akame, why do you work so hard? I don't understand it"

Yozora is sitting beside his sister Akame as they gazed upon the night sky. Yozora has a questioning look on his face.

"Its not like everyone can be saved. One way or another we all meet an end. So why try so desperately to save all, when just saving the many is enough."

Yozora then felt his sister lightly chop his head as she smiled. Akame looked at her brother then back at the sky.

"I know that Yozora. To save one means not to save another. In the end you can only save those who are on your side. But still i believe one day we can all be at peace. Laughing, having fun, enjoying this night sky. I love watching the sky at night, heck even your name means "Night Sky". Though........i want to save everyone so no one suffers. So we can all rest and for once, finally know that we all can stare at the sky with a smile on our faces."

Yozora just stared at Akame. In his mind he knew it was impossible, yet he could not fault her. He saw beauty in that dream, he saw hope in it. That's when he decided.

"Then if you get too tired or something happens that prevents you from achieving it, then i'll make that dream come true. I promise."

~Dream ends~

Yozora slowly opened his eyes, trying to shield them from the sunlight. He felt he was being moved, but he wasn't walking. He looked and saw a man with bright yellow hair with red streaks carrying him. The man noticed Yozora was awake and decided to introduce himself.

"Ah you're awake, that's good!! Nice to meet you, young man. My name is Kyojuro Rengoku!!!! I hope we get along!!!!"

Yozora can only describe this man as loud, very loud. He usually hated loud noises, but the man went out of his way to carry him that he decided to deal with the volume for now.

"I'm sorry about what happened to Akame. She was an excellent Demon Slayer. Her skills with the sword and her talent for the Breath of Flower was astounding."

Rengoku gave his sympathies. He and Akame were actually in the same Final Selection together. Afterwards they quickly became friends due to both of them having a lot of things in common such as caring for their little sibling, their hard work, and most importantly........eating

"Thank you, Rengoku-san. I truly am grateful but.....i just wish i knew what to do. I didn't have big goals or talent like my sister and i didn't care. As long as she was there i knew who i was and where i was going but now....."

Yozora kept himself from crying. He missed his sister, he missed his village, but all of that was taken away from him. He couldn't even begin to think of what to do from here on out as the only survivor

"Set your heart ablaze!!!!! Young man, i know it hurts but don't worry. Akame never stopped talking about how great her brother was. That alone tells me she had faith in you, so much so that she would give her life for you to have a future. You may not know what to do but regretting being saved is the same as denying her wish. You must live, so i'll say it again. Set your heart ablaze."

Rengoku smiled at Yozora, who looked at him in awe. Yozora took Rengoku's words to heart, he didn't find a single trace of a lie nor pity. This man genuinely wanted to help him out of the kindness of his heart. That alone reminded him of his sister and he couldn't help but smile.

"Thank you, Rengoku-san. I won't cheer up immediately, but those words gave me a good start."

Rengoku looked onwards with a smile still on his face. Now that he helped ease the boy's mind, he had to plan his next move to keep him safe.

"Young man, i'm taking you to the Demon Slayer Corps HQ. There, i will have you meet Oyakata-sama. He is a good man and i'm sure he would welcome you with open arms. Your sister wanted me to bring you to him should anything happen to her."

Yozora thinks about it for a moment. But nodded almost instantly trusting in Akame's judgement.

"Great!!!!! Well then let us hurry before night falls on us"

Rengoku then runs full speed ahead as he hurries to reach his destination. Though while he's doing this he failed to notice Yozora's screams on his back.

"I think i'm gonna be sick....."