Chapter 13 Final Selection Pt.1

Yozora made it to Fujikasane Mountain. As he walked down the path where he would see others who are taking the exam, he saw all the wisteria flowers as he walked by.

"So beautiful. Maybe i should bring Onui to see these flowers someday. But now i need to focus."

As Yozora walked on the stair case leading to the exam site, he felt a lot of ki at the top of the stairs. He knew there were many examinees attempting to become a demon slayer. However the majority of them didn't really pique his interest. As he made his way through he walked pass a boy, he didn't pay him any attention but he did notice he was wearing hanafuda earrings. However his mind was clear as he saw two children walk towards everyone here, with their ki feeling very familiar to him.

 However his mind was clear as he saw two children walk towards everyone here, with their ki feeling very familiar to him

"Everyone we thank you for coming here tonight. To the Demon Slayer Corps Final Selection."

Yozora wasn't rude, but even he found both kids speaking in unison kind of weird. But the closer he looked at him he could see their resemblance to someone he met. However he pushed those thoughts away and listened closely.

"There are demons imprisoned here on Mt. Fujikasane, captured alive by the Demon Slayer swordsmen, and unable to leave."

"That is because wisteria, which demons hate so much, blooms year-round from the bottom to halfway up the mountain.

"However there is no wisteria from this point on, and so demons abound."

"You'll need to survive here for seven days to pass the Final Selection."

Yozora stood there in thought. Basically he was being thrown into a demon battle royale for a week and needed to survive. As the children were done explaining they gave everyone a soft bow.

"And now, be on your way."

With those words Yozora stepped forward. This was it. This is where he has to make his mark. However he had one other thing in mind.

"I'll try my hardest. But....i get the feeling this selection.......is the calm before the storm."

The boy walked in the forest. He felt lots of ki. Most of then were demons but he was more focused on the humans.

"I'll go to the area where most of the examinees are. I can tell a few can handle themselves, but i can't just sit here and let people die if i know i can prevent that."

As he ran to he remembered why he was here. He remembers the fire which engulfed his home and consumed innocent lives, he remembers the blood spilled and all the corpses that littered the ground. He remembered.....when Akame was turned to a demon and she begged him to kill her.

"I'm not that helpless kid anymore. I won't let something like that happen again."

Suddenly he felt someone's ki as they were charging at him. It was a boy with blonde hair that fades into orange. He wore a white-triangle patterned, yellow and orange gradient haori. He also noticed the boy was covered in dirt.

"PLEASE!!!!!! YOU GOT TO SAVE ME!!!! I'LL DIE!!!!!! I HAVEN'T EVEN PROPOSED TO A PRETTY GIRL YET!!!!!"

Yozora just looked at the boy blankly. At this point he didn't even know whether to feel bad for him, feel sad, or just laugh at the kid.

"WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE I'M A CREATURE!!!!!"

".......................rest in peace."

"YOU'RE GIVING UP ON ME THAT QUICK?!!"

"WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT UP!!!! THE DO YOU WANT DEMONS TO KNOW WHERE WE ARE?!"

That statement immediately made the boy be quiet. Soon Yozora found himself stuck with this guy. As they walked in the forest they began to chat.

"Sorry for yelling at you. I'm just not the type to deal with loud noises."

"I understand. Plus it was my fault to begin with. My name is Zenitsu Agatsuma. What about you?"

Yozora paused for a moment. During his training with Muramasa the swordsmith warned him about his name.

~flashback~
"Look kid. Keep your last name a secret for now. The less who know, the better. After all, your family may not seem like it but they're actually a huge deal. If you want, you can use my surname. Trust me its for your own good."
~flashback ends~

He didn't understand why he should hide it. He trusted Muramasa, but he didn't want to lie either. What was so special about his name? Why did it matter?

"My name is Yozora. By the way wh-"

Suddenly Yozora held the hilt of his sword as Zenitsu got behind him. For Yozora he sensed the ki of a demon approaching them. However Zenitsu's hearing is what warned him. Soon the demon got closer. Soon it stepped from the shadows revealing itself.

"You................i'll kill you...your family killed Shuten........I'LL KILL YOU!!!!!!"

I'LL KILL YOU!!!!!!"