Chapter 92 Madness

~Meanwhile~
"It's getting really tough to breathe now. I can't even feel my arms and legs now."

Zenitsu is seen lying on his back. He just killed one of the spider demons, but was poisoned in the process. Right now he his using his breathing to slow down the poison so it wouldn't fully take effect. He was doing this for quite a while and was starting to feel drowsy. His eyes were starting to feel heavier by the moment.

"Don't give up!"

"I believe in you, Zenitsu. After all, you have someone you want to make proud too, right?"

Zenitsu remembered the words and voices of two people. One belonging to an old man who didn't give up on him. The other belonging to the first friend he made during the Final Selection.

"Don't.....give up."

As Zenitsu looked at the night sky, he could've sworn he saw a butterfly soaring through it gracefully. It seemed as if the butterfly was getting closer and closer to him. Soon when it was just close enough for him to see clearly, he saw the figure of a person.

"Who are you?"

"Yoo-hoo! Are you okay?"

"Gramps.........."

"Who are you calling Gramps?"

"Gramps showed up just now...and told me not to give up. So did a friend of mine, he told me he believed in me."

Shinobu's question was answered as she got the gist of what the boy was saying. Though she was curious about this friend of his, since he sounds like a certain person she loves to tease.

"I get it now. That was your life flashing before your eyes."

Shinobu soon takes out a kit filled with medicine, syringes, bandages, and other pharmaceutical things. She was getting ready to treat the boy while also talking to him to keep him from falling asleep.

"There's a theory that your life flashes before your eyes because you're searching for a way to avoid death by looking through your memories. Though I can't confirm that since i never experienced it myself."

Shinobu checked his pulse and found out that Zenitsu slowed down the venom with his breathing. It was a smart move because if he didn't, he would've been a spider. As she gave Zenitsu a shot to help deal with the venom she noticed the boy smiling.

"He's here.......it was for a moment, but i heard his voice. I know you'll do your best to save everyone right.....Yozora."

~With Yozora~
Yozora looked at Rappa with confusion. He saw that he had injuries from his previous fight with the boy he saved and that was the problem.

"If he were a demon, his wounds should've healed already. Plus there's also his ki.....there's no doubt in my mind....this man is a human. I'm meant to slay demons so why do i keep endangering human lives."