Chapter 149 Tsugikuni's Will

~Flashback~
During the Pillar Training, Ubuyashiki asked for Yozora's presence. When Yozora arrived, he noticed that Ubuyashiki's condition has gotten worse.

"Oyakata-sama......"

"I am fine, my child. However, i noticed that your personal training hasn't been going well lately."

Yozora was surprised by what Ubuyashiki said and nodded his head. It was all true, while Yozora was training by himself he began to think if he'll actually be able to defeat Muzan or even the Upper Moons.

"Yozora.....unlike most demon slayers who kill demons out of necessity, you fight to protect. So i only have this to stay to you. Do not think about other things, do not try to copy others resolve or reason. Master the strength that you use to protect. You have nothing to fear. You have no enemy above you because you already defeated your strongest opponent, that opponent was yourself. So stand proud.....and fight to protect what you care for. Become a person that you can be proud of."
~Flashback ends~

Yozora stood up as he held his crimson blade tightly. As he looked at Kokushibo, he started to take a deep breath.

As Kokushibo looked at Yozora, he too began to take a deep breath. In this next moment, there won't be any tricks. They won't rely on their breath style. Right now, they were going to rely on their swordsmanship and let their instincts take over.

Seconds passed as they looked towards each other. Suddenly Kokushibo and Yozora were suddenly swinging that blades at each other with unimaginable speed. Yozora sweeps Kokushibo by his leg and tries to stab him, only for Kokushibo to knee him in the gut and punch the boy away.

Yozora soon used his hand to push himself up in the air and land on his feet. As he held his crimson blade tightly, he was thinking about what his next move should be.

"Yozora Tsugikuni.....allow me to ask you this. Are you willing to die in this war?"

"........"

"You can't go into war without being prepared to die. Doing so would be foolish and arrogant. That is why i will ask you again. Are you willing to die in this war?"

Yozora suddenly charged at Kokushibo as they both swung their swords. As Kokushibo looked at Yozora, he saw a look of determination in the boy's eyes.

"If it means giving everyone a happy future......I'LL DIE AS MANY TIMES AS IT TAKES!!!!!!"

The two swordsmen jumped back to gain some distance. As they gripped the hilts of their swords, they both launched an attack at each other.

"Breath of the Moon, Sixteenth Form:Moonbow - Half Moon!!!!!"

Kokushibo and Yozora swung their swords in a downward slash, resulting in a powerful sixfold slash crashing down on each other; the attacks were powerful enough to create several miniature craters where the slashes have landed