Chapter 12 The New Beginning

~Timeskip 4 years~
Muramasa was sitting by himself. Today was the day that Yozora would leave to attend the Final Selection. Right now the boy in question was training by himself. The swordsmith was impressed with his growth. Perhaps he might have surpassed him, though its a easy hurdle to jump since making swords was more of his speciality.

"Grandpa, are you ok?"

Muramasa looked at the girl who he took care of along with her baby brother. She had grown so much over the 4 years. Her hair now reaching her back, grown a couple feet taller. Most guys would describe this girl as beautiful. This girl was Onui.

 This girl was Onui

"Yeah. I'm just thinking on what to do. However you look a bit sad today. Something on your mind?"

The girl looked at her caretaker and nods. She assumed he already knew, but she decided to voice her opinion on the matter.

"Well today Zora-chan is leaving today. I just know we're gonna miss him. That's all."

"Oh~ Zora-chan? When did you two get so close? I'm too young to be taking care of other people's children."

Onui's face turned bright red as she caught on to Muramasa's teasing. She turned around so the swordsmith wouldn't laugh at her face.

"You know, Grandpa. I just hope he can visit us sometime. Knowing him, he'll definitely pass the Final Selection. I'm sure of it."

"Oh. What makes you say that,Onui?"

"Because......Yozora's worked harder than anyone. Not only that....he's the nicest person ever."

Muramasa smiled and pats Onui's head. She use to be a girl of few words. But it seems Yozora helped her get out of her shell.

"By the way Grandpa. Did you finish what you made for him?"

"Who do ya take me for? I'm Sengo Muramasa after all. Course i finished it. Its not his offical one, but it will make him fighting demons during that damn thing much easier.......Onui. After he passes i want you to be the one to give him his Nichirin sword."

"H-huh? Why me Grandpa? You're his swordsmith so shouldn't you do it?"

Muramasa stared at the girl blankly. He thought she would catch on to what he was trying to do. All he did was sigh and look at her.

"Well it would make sense but, something tells me the sword will be more precious to him if you were the one to hand it to him."

Muramasa then got up and went inside his shop to get the sword he made for Yozora to take with him to the exam. However as he made the sword, he decided to pay tribute to Akame. So he made a replica of Akame's Murasame.

Muramasa walks outside of the shop

Muramasa walks outside of the shop. He steps into the backyard, lots of swords littering into the ground. His failures of making his ideal sword. A sword that can purge the hate. A katana that cleaves through fate, destiny and karma.

He looked around this yard littered with blades. To any other swordsmith, these swords were perfection. But to Muramasa these swords were still failures in his attempt. As he walked he kept thinking to himself. If he was good enough to be Yozora's swordsmith.

Over these last four years Muramasa learned one thing. Akame was right about Yozora. He didn't surpass Muramasa's expectations. He shattered them entirely. If Akame was a genius, then Yozora was a miracle. Though the boy himself doesn't see himself as one.

"Yozora, i'm glad i got to watch you grow. I just pray to the gods that you survive. If you do, then maybe......just maybe.......Akame can rest in peace knowing you can take care of yourself now."

Soon he walked to a small pond where a tree filled with wisteria flowers are growing. He then caught sight of the boy he was looking for. Yozora was now taller than the swordsmith himself. He was just staring at the sky deep in thought.

"Yozora. Its time. You know where to go right."

The boy in question looked at Muramasa blankly for a moment. Then a small smile formed upon his lips as he spoke.

"Yes, Muramasa-san. The Final Selection is located on Fujikasane Mountain."

The swordsmith nodded. He was happy to see that Yozora was about to start his journey, but he realized something during these four years. He asked Yozora if he remembers anything before the fire and his sister's death. Yozora said the only thing he remembers was his mother dying giving birth and his father dying of illness. Everything else was blank to him.

"Yozora i have a gift for you. This sword is an exact replica of your sisters. It'll help you. Let me just say, i'm proud of how far you've come."

Yozora smiled as he took the sword. Finally, he can see if all his hard work payed off. He looked to Muramasa and shook his hand.

"Don't worry. I promise. As soon as i pass, i'll come back here. You, Tasuke, Onui and myself can all eat together before i go on missions."

Muramasa returned the handshake and smiled. He knew Yozora can take care of himself now so he had no worries. He walked back into his shop, leaving Yozora by himself. However Onui soon rushed out as she saw Yozora leaving. So she said only one thing

"Zora-chan. Please come back in safely."

Yozora looked at the girl and puts a hand on her shoulder. He looked at Onui straight in the eyes and smiled.

"Don't worry. Making it back to you was my number one priority to begin with."

Onui looked at the boy. His hair reaching his back as it was flowing in the wind. She took off one of her ribbons and tied his hair in a ponytail.

"Consider that a gift. Whenever you're lonely. Or you feel you have no one to lean on. Just look at the ribbon when you have a chance. Its my way of always being with you."

Yozora stared at the girl. He was touched by how much she thought of his being. He soon hugs her with a small smile on his face.

"Onui, thank you. I truly am blessed by the gods to have met you."

With that he walked off. Leaving the workshop. Onui smiled knowing for a fact that he meant every word he said. Yozora walked forward as he thought to himself.

"Mom, Dad, Akame. Please...........give me strength."

So now Yozora took his first step into making his and Akame's dream a reality. Now heading towards Fujikasane Mountain,with the replica Murasame beside him. This is where his journey truly starts.