Chapter 64 Remember Pt.2

Ling grabbed a sword as he went outside. He sensed someone's ki and all he felt from it was hunger and malice. He suddenly ran to the side as a shadow suddenly charged at him. When he dodged, he saw the shadow slice through a tree.

"What the hell?! That thing is sharp, though.....if i get this thing to chop down all the trees i won't have to put much effort into getting fire wood....."

As he said this, Ling was hopping from tree to tree. Soon he looked to where he sensed this malicious ki and was shocked by what he saw.

"A kid? Why is he the source? He shouldn't have this much malice unless he's a demon."

Ling puts all his strength into his legs. He jumped forward and went to slash at the kid until a shadow slashed his chest.

"Dammit!!!!"

"You didn't even hesitate to attack me. I must say i am very impressed."

"Who the hell are you?! Why are you here?!

"My name is Pride and what i'm doing here is none of your business, human."

Suddenly Pride's shadows rise from the ground. As they gathered behind him, the shadows produced eyes and fangs. Meanwhile, Ling was holding his sword but his hands were shaking.

"Dammit?! What can i do against this monster.....if i don't beat him, Lan Fan and the kids will be in danger."

"You seem to be in a hurry. I wonder...could it be that house over there that has you concerned. I can get rid of it, if that is the case."

Suddenly shadows were rising from underneath Ling's home. As the shadows split apart, razor sharp teeth were seen as they were slowly closing in on the house.

"DON'T YOU DARE HURT MY FAMILY!!!!"

Ling charged at Pride as quickly as he could. Seeing this, Pride jumped back as some of his shadows restrained Ling. Soon he was walking towards the man with a smile on his face.

"Honestly, you humans are so predictable. All someone has to do is hold someone you care about hostage and you'll be reckless."

Suddenly Ling's left arm was torn from his body as one of Pride's shadows was chewing on it.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

"Hmmmm, what to do with you. I suppose i can spare your family....under one condition of course."

Ling looked at Pride with a hateful glare. Seeing this, the demon shoved his hand into Ling's chest as the man screamed in pain.

"The deal is simple, i'll spare your family if you become a demon."

Ling's eyes widen in shock. It was either his family or his humanity. He didn't have time to think as several shadows pierce through his body.

"You better hurry up. You wouldn't want your wife and children to be eaten alive, would you?"

".......fine.....you win......but let my family go first."

"You're an arrogant one, making demands when i have everything in the palm of my hand."

Pride reached into his pocket and held a vial filled with demon blood. Soon he forced Ling to drink the blood as he released his shadows from the house.

"Well i shall take my leave. I won't kill your family because you'll be doing a better job at it than i ever could. Unless i get bored enough to be creative."

As Pride walked away, Ling grabbed his chest in pain. His body felt as if it was on fire. Meanwhile, Lan Fan heard Ling's screams as she was with Onui and Tasuke.