Chapter 27 Calm Before the Storm

Yozora is heading back to the Butterfly Estate. After Tomoe's unfortunate demise, he was heading back to get treatment. But for some reason, he couldn't remember how Tomoe got so severely injured.

After he regained some of his memory of his dad, everything went blank. He couldn't remember anything that happened during that brief time in the fight. However as soon as he walked inside the Butterfly Estate he wasn't met with Shinobu.

"Oh, you're Yozora-kun correct? Shinobu-san is doing important business so i'll be treating you. My name is Aoi Kanzaki."

"I see

"I see. Well then i'll be in your care, Aoi-san."

Yozora was being bandaged up. He was still thinking about the fight. He knew he wasn't strong enough to beat Tomoe, so how did he land such a critical injury on her. Soon after he was patched up he was told to rest.

"I gained a bit of my memory back but only a little. My father told me to wake up. Why does that feel like there's a meaning behind it?"

Yozora looked out a window, gazing at the moon. He knew he had to get stronger now. Though he learned Breath of the Moon, not all the forms were there in the book that was left to him.

"Maybe i should try creating my own forms. But to do that i'll need to train even harder than before."

~Next Day~
Yozora is trying to master Total Concentration,Constant. His mind was trying to decipher his father's words. No matter how hard he tried he couldn't understand.

He soon spent most of his time just training his body. At night, he was training in secret to make a new form for the Breath of Moon. He was going to train himself to the limit.

"Oh my, oh my~. You're really working yourself aren't you, Yozora-kun."

Yozora slightly jumped in shock as Shinobu was suddenly right next to him. However, he was glad to see her again. Though this reunion may be short lived since after he recovers he plans to visit Onui and Muramasa.

"Yozora-kun, you're not acting like yourself. Is something on your mind?"

Yozora looks at Shinobu confusingly. He could feel her ki, but the look in her eyes showed some concern. After debating over it mentally he decided to tell her.

"Well........you see.....Shinobu....when i was saved by Rengoku, i lost some of my memories. When i was fighting during my last mission, i regained them but after everything was blank. When i was acting like myself, the fight was over."

Shinobu was processing all the info she was given. Indeed, the situation was strange. In fact, Yozora wasn't the only one who's memories was negatively affected.

"Yozora-kun, i can't explain why that happened. But perhaps i can explain how you lost your memories."

"Really?!"

"Yes, in fact i know someone who has the same condition too. You kind of remind me of him too, you're even the same age."

Yozora nods to her, clearly interested in what she's saying. Shinobu noticed that both Yozora and Muichiro Tokito, the Mist Pillar, had strong similarities. The only difference is that Yozora shows more emotion.

"You both lost your memories around 4 years ago, so maybe you both experienced some sort of trauma that caused your memories to be locked up."

"I see.....thanks Shinobu-san. Anyways, i still got training to do. I'll stop bugging you."

"Oh my, oh my~. Its nice of you to have my needs in mind but you need some rest too."

"What? But i can-"

"I said you need some rest too."

"....yes ma'am."

After being threatened by Shinobu, Yozora went inside. However as soon as he did he felt his exhaustion hitting him hard. As he was falling Shinobu sat down and placed his head on her lap.

"You really are something special Yozora-kun. Rest easy, because i have a feeling you might need it."

~Meanwhile~
Onui is inside Muramasa's workshop. The swordsmith himself went off to gather more metal for his workshop.

"I wonder how Yozora is doing? I know he's gonna visit, so maybe i should surprise him somehow."

She walked outside looking at the wisteria flowers. She was excited to see Yozora again after so much time has passed. Hopefully, he was making his dream come true while also thinking of himself.

"If anyone can make this world a better place, its Yozora."

Onui smiles to herself as she goes back inside the house. The night was very peaceful. As she walked back inside she looked at the night sky, wondering if Yozora is also gazing at it.

~Unknown Location~
A lone man is standing by himself wearing a mask. He was alone on a battlefield littered with blades and corpses. He was smiling to himself thinking of what he will do.

"Yaboku.......you may have died but your name still lives on. I wonder if your son has the same eyes as us. As warriors who gained the title as a God of Calamity, I wonder if his eyes are just as depraved.....well there is only one way to find out."