Chapter 70 The Recovery

Yozora is seen walking to the Butterfly Estate. He was covered in wounds and blood. The only reason he's still standing and walking now is because his eyes are still blue.

"Its a good thing i didn't go to Lady Tamayo and Yushiro. I don't think they would eat me, but since i'm a marechi it would make things difficult for them."

As soon as he reached the entrance, he sensed someone's ki nearby. Soon his eyes turned to their normal brown colors as he fell to the ground. When he looked up he saw a girl approaching him and all he did was smile.

"Sorry for....causing trouble...."

"Oh my, oh my~. You never change do you, Yozora-san."

~The Butterfly Estate~
Yozora was asleep in a room Shinobu prepared for him. After she bandaged him, he wanted to go start training but he got scared when she drew her sword. Shinobu is outside the room behind the door.

"Honestly, he really makes me worry sometimes. If i charged him for everytime he got injured i'd make a fortune."

The Insect Pillar soon smiled to herself. Though she was worried, she actually enjoyed Yozora's company. Even if Yozora is reckless, she could tell he was a kind person who means well.

"Though i wonder how he does it? He's seen so much and been through a lot. Yet, even though it's rare, he can still smile in the end. Meanwhile, i'm still holding on to my anger. Yozora truly is someone interesting."

Shinobu was curious about Yozora at first, since Akame would talk about him when she and Kanae were alive. Now that she's actually met and got to know him, she realized that all the nice things Akame said about him were true.

"Akame, Kanae, watch over me. After all, i have a idiot to look after. Though, it's not so bad."

As Shinobu walked off, Yozora was sound asleep. While Yozora was resting, Shinobu was feeling a bit happier that he was here but she didn't know why.

~In Yozora's room~
Yozora soon woke up as he looked around. He saw that he was in a recovering room and remembered what happened. He looked down and saw he was already treated.

"Shinobu-san really is amazing, though............"

Yozora remembered all the times he wanted to train after seconds of him getting treated only for Shinobu to threaten him to rest.

"She can be just as terrifying as she is amazing."

"I'll take that as a compliment, Yozora-kun."

Yozora jumped in surprise as Shinobu was next to him. Honestly, he never knew how she could sneak up on him so much. What confused him even more is how he easily he can relax around her when they talk.

"So how are you feeling now, Yozora-kun?"

"Ummmm. I'm not in that much pain so i guess i'm fine. Anyways i think i'll go training or get another missi-"

Yozora couldn't finish his sentence when Shinobu suddenly swung her sword. At first he thought he was okay, but that didn't last long as he saw his haori and bandages were cut.

"T-that was uncalled for, don't you think?"

"Oh? But you said you were fine. If that were true, you could've dodged that easily."

Yozora knew she had a point and he didn't want to argue with her. If he did, he'd probably be threatened again. However, he suddenly felt something around his waist. When he looked down he saw it was Shinobu's.

"You really are a cruel one, Yozora-kun. Everytime you come here, its usually because you've been injured. So of course a part of me would be worried everytime you visit."

"I'm sorry Shinobu-san, though at least it gives us an excuse to hang out. Since you're so busy, i rarely get the chance to talk to you. I guess me getting injured a lot is bittersweet."

Shinobu and Yozora sat next to each other. Though Shinobu won't say it out loud, she was happy to speak with him. Yozora liked Shinobu's company and he also feared her when she gets angry, but he noticed something different. Her ki felt a lot more calm now.

"Shinobu-san, are you happy?"

"Hmmm. What gave you that idea?"

"Its just.......you seem more relaxed. I got to say you deserve some relaxation. After all, you're always patching me up after i do something reckless."

Shinobu was surprised by what he said. Though she couldn't find it in herself to deny it. She noticed that when Yozora was around she lets her guard down. Soon Yozora puts his hand on her head. When Shinobu lifted her head, she saw Yozora smiling at her.

"Don't worry, Shinobu. I promise to do my best and not make you worry."

Shinobu was at a loss for words as her face had a slight tint of red

Shinobu was at a loss for words as her face had a slight tint of red. Soon she stood up and prepared to leave the room.

"I know you will, after all, a hero of justice brings people hope instead of worry. Isn't that right?"

When she said that, Shinobu left Yozora's room. As she walked down the halls of the Butterfly Estate, her face was really red. Though she was smiling to herself while this happening.

"I finally see why Onui and Nora make a big deal over him just smiling. I must admit, it is a sight to behold."