Chapter 104 A Selfish Reason

~Flashback~
Tokinada is seen walking around rubble. He was standing in a destroyed village that he just so happened to see as he was passing by.

As he walked through the destroyed village he saw a single figure up ahead. As he got closer he saw a young man with shaggy auburn hair and gold eyes. As the boy saw Tokinada, the man spoke up.

"If you have no where to go, how about joining me. What is your name?"

"Chisaki..........Kai Chisaki."

~Flashback ends~
Yozora is taking deep breathes, continuously launching his breath techniques. Though he chooses to ignore his exhaustion. Right now, he didn't care what happened to himself.

"Kill him."

He could feel it. Something akin to a flame burning inside him. The feeling he had was something intense and something that he thought he has forgotten. Yes, this feeling that is consuming his entire being is anger.

Chisaki crouched down and touched the ground with his bare hand. Seeing that Yozora is a bit tired after relentlessly attacking with his breathing technique, he decided to strike back. The area where Yozora was standing broke apart, soon the broken pieces became multiple spikes as they all were about to pierce the boy's body.

"Shigure Soen Ryu, Seventh Form:Splashing Rain!"

Yozora holds his sword backwards and spins to create a whirlwind like shield

Yozora holds his sword backwards and spins to create a whirlwind like shield. The spikes that Chisaki sent at him broke apart when they came into contact, however Yozora felt a sharp pain in his back. When he looked back he saw a spike pierced his back. As he walked forward and got the spike out of his back, he suddenly fell down.

"I knew you would block spikes that you saw me set up, so i had to delay in making that final one."

"My body.....why does it feel hot? Something isn't right?"

Yozora noticed something off. His body felt hot to the core, yet he doesn't feel any weaker. It was actually the opposite. For some strange reason, he felt as if he was getting stronger. As he stood back up, he looked towards Chisaki.

"I don't care what happens to me...i'll use everything i have to kill you, Chisaki."

"How does it feel Yozora, to be a cursed a child? A boy with eyes that let him see through the human body. A boy who killed his own sister. A boy who brought death upon a great swordsmith and an innocent boy. A boy who murdered his own brother. You've killed a lot more people than you actually saved. Your hands are stained with their blood, you are the one who robbed them of a future. In that regard, you and I aren't so different."

Yozora charged towards Chisaki with an angered look on his face. Soon Chisaki touched the ground as multiple spikes surround Yozora, trapping him in a single area. As this happened, Chisaki walked towards the boy.

"Yozora, why should you save anyone? Would the villagers who abused you and cursed your name save you? Then again, they paid for their treatment towards you when you refused to save them during that fire. Tell me, how did it feel to walk through flames that were stained with the blood of those who mistreated you. It was that moment that made you want to be a hero of justice, right? But why did you accept that task? Were you angry? Were you sad? Or did that dream just help bury your feelings, hiding your true self."

"Breath of the Moon, Fifth Form:Moon Spirit Calamitous Eddy!!!"

Yozora makes multiple curved slashes layered over one another, resembling a rising vortex

Yozora makes multiple curved slashes layered over one another, resembling a rising vortex. Numerous chaotic blades originate from these slashes. Yozora broke free from the trap Chisaki made and his attack was going towards the demon himself. As Chisaki got attacked, he destroyed the ground beneath Yozora and immediately turned it to spikes as they stabbed Yozora's body.

"Does the truth hurt that much Yozora? You know you never wanted to be a hero. You think Akame handed you a dream, but a curse was all you were left with. An impossible dream that will never come true, maybe she gave you that dream as a way to suffer for killing her. After all, all i did was turn her to a demon. The one who killed her was you, Yozora."

"Why......why did i need to be a hero of justice? Was it because saving people is the right thing? Was it because i can't stand people being hurt? Was it because that was it was  Akame's wish? Why? Why did i torture myself with this dream again?"

Chisaki touched the wall behind him as more spikes fly towards Yozora's body. Seeing this, Yozora focused his breathing as he prepares himself.

"Breath of the Moon, Third Form:Loathsome Moon - Chains!!!"

Yozora swings his sword rapidly in two crescent slashes, from which a storm of smaller crescents spread

Yozora swings his sword rapidly in two crescent slashes, from which a storm of smaller crescents spread. Yozora's attack sliced apart the spikes that were hurled at him, but he soon coughed up blood.

"The reason.............the reason why i chose to make that dream a reality. I think i know what it is. In fact, its a selfish one."

Chisaki suddenly created multiple spikes. Yozora was prepared to dodge, but as he dashed forward he winced in pain. Soon he felt his body being pierced by various spikes. His body felt hot again, yet he didn't feel weaker. But his mind was occupied, with something he held inside him for a long time.

"I believe saving people is the right thing. I don't regret trying to save others. But the reason i wanted to make this dream real was because.....because............its all i have. Its all i have left of you, sister. Akame, is it okay for me to be angry? Akame, is it okay for me to feel sadness? Akame, is it okay for me to try to move on? Is it okay....for me to feel fear. I'm scared.....i was scared of living in that village. I was scared of losing you. I was scared of death. Akame....i'm so scared without you here. I don't wanna die...i don't wanna die. Akame......is it okay.....for me to want to live?"

Yozora felt an immense pain through his body. Yet he knew the villagers that he refused to save felt worse. In his eyes, he felt that he has no right to feel joy or sadness. Not after what he did. Yet as he felt this pain, he had one thought.

"Akame......i'm so scared. I'm...so lonely without you. I wish that instead of this dream..........i wish you told me what to do....if i never see you again."