Chapter 135 The Start of a War

~2 days later~
Yozora was seen in the yard of his residence. It's been quite sometime after he finished training Tanjiro and his friends. Now he was training by himself as he was preparing for what was to come. Rappa and Kurome didn't show up because Yozora gave them some specific orders.

"A war......i never expected that i would take part in such a thing. But now the more that i think about it, the harder it is to believe."

As Yozora sat down, he looked at something on the wall. The object he was staring at was Rengoku's haori. As Yozora stared at it, he thought to himself.

"I'm not worthy to wear it. At least, not right now. When i'm grown up, when finally become a person that i can be proud of........a person that others can rely on........then i'll wear it."

Soon Yozora heard someone knocking at the entrance of his home. As he walked towards the entrance, he sensed a familiar ki. When he opened the door, he smiled.

"I'm happy to see you, Onui."

"I'm glad to see you as well, Yozora."

The two of them smiled as they entered Yozora's home. This was Onui's first time seeing the place in person and was amazed at how spacious it was. Soon Yozora decided to speak up.

"You know, its been a while since it was just us two under the same roof. We met so many wonderful people, made so many memories, to be honest....if you told me i would be this happy when i was just a kid, i'd say you were crazy."

"Yozora......you've really changed."

Yozora looked at Onui in confusion. What did she mean by that? Was it because he got taller? Was it because of the scars that are on his body now? In his perspective, he hasn't changed one bit.

"I don't think i've changed at all. I think i'm still same old me back when i wanted to be a hero of jus-"

"You have changed Yozora. After all, you seem a lot happier now. You're more open about your feelings and you've started smiling more. In my opinion, i think you've changed a lot. But one thing won't change."

Onui soon got closer to Yozora. As she stood in front of him, she smiled as she saw the boy's face slightly turning red.

"You'll always be the one person I treasure most."

Soon Yozora's head had steam coming off from it as he turned around. If Onui saw his face, she would notice that it turned completely red from what she just said.

"I swear.....i might die of a heart attack from you. At least it lets me know i won't get killed by a demon."

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

Soon the two of them shared a laugh. It felt nice to talk and laugh with each other. After all, they're the only ones left who remember the days with Tasuke and Muramasa. However, that warm atmosphere didn't last long when they heard a loud explosion. Soon Yozora saw his crow rushing to his home.

"Emergency summon!!!!! Attack on the Ubuyashiki estate!!!!! Hurry!!! Hurry!!!!!"

Hearing this, Yozora immediately grabbed his swords as he rushed out of his home. He moved as fast as he could to where Ubuyashiki was. As this happened, Onui looked at Yozora from far behind him and said one thing.

"Don't die Yozora."

~With Yozora~
"Faster!!!! Faster!!!! I need to move faster dammit!!!!!!!"

Yozora needed to hurry. He knew something was up when he sensed the ki of all the other pillars heading for the same direction. As Yozora got to the location, he witnessed something horrible. The Ubuyashiki estate was on fire. However, he sensed something else. A demon was in the area.

When Yozora looked ahead, he saw a body was on fire as its flesh was being burned by the flames. However, that didn't last long as the body started to regenerate. As this happened, Gyomei shouted for everyone in the area to hear.

"It's Muzan!!!!! Kibutsuji Muzan!!!!! He won't die even if you cut off his head!!!!"

The pillars and Tanjiro had their eyes widen. Right there, was the cause of all their suffering. As they all gripped their swords as they were about to attack, Tanjiro and Yozora screamed in anger.

"Muzan!!!!"

"You son of a bitch!!!!!!!"

As all of the demon slayers in the area got closer, Yozora sensed two familiar types of ki behind him. With a smile on his face, he nodded. Muzan and Ubuyashiki weren't the only people who had a plan in action. Soon Muzan started laughing as the ground suddenly turned into a doors to a dojo as everyone fell through different passage ways.

"You seriously thought you could corner me?! You're all going to hell now! You pathetic demon hunter pests. You will all be slaughtered toni-"

"Don't give me your crap. You're not a warrior like your Upper Moons. You're just scared of the thought of death. To be honest, for a boss of all the demons, you're the biggest disappointment i've ever seen."

Muzan turned his head to look at the person who just said that. When he did, his eyes landed on Yozora. For a brief moment, Muzan felt a chill down his spine. The more he looked at Yozora's face, the more he was reminded of the person who almost killed him. As Yozora was falling into the trap with the other pillars he said one thing.

"Laugh all you like, but just know this Muzan. When i cross your path again.....i'll turn your laughter into fear."

Soon all of the pillars and Tanjiro fell into some strange dungeon. Though most of them were separated from the others. Seeing this, Yozora looked around. As he did, several demons appeared and tried to devour him.

Yozora simply sighs as he walked pass them. When he did, he was seen slowly sheathing his sword. When he did, all the demons in the area were decapitated. As Yozora kept sensing ki in the area, he found two familiar ones as he ran ahead.

"If its possible to regroup, then i should probably take advantage of this chance."

~Meanwhile~
"I smell blood, where is this place?"

Shinobu was seen walking down a hallway as she caught the scent of blood. As she opened the door, she saw several corpses of women on the floor. Soon she saw a demon feasting upon the flesh of one of his victims.

"Hm? Oh, someone's here? It's a girl! She looks fine and delicious!"

As Shinobu looked at the demon, she felt lots of anger boiling inside her

As Shinobu looked at the demon, she felt lots of anger boiling inside her. As she gripped the hilt of her sword, she had one thought.

"Sorry Yozora, but it looks like our time together will be put to an end."